We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What is needed! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Exaspian Studios
Exaspian Studios Apr 25 '13
I don't see a problem with Pauls opinion at all. He is trusted enough to win my vote on the matter and the Oxwall staff can rest assured that they're in safe hands with Paul helping out. Further more I think anyone would have reacted the way Paul did if they were baited enough and it seems that that is exactly what you're trying to do here with Paul. If you wanted to have a trusted professional opinion on the matter, you shouldn't have target someone who has been more trusted than yourself in the past and as of right now (in my opinion).

- The ES Team.

And P.S. (On topic) I don't think this idea is needed at all. Oxwall plugins have the option to have a testing site in place for the plugin and I think that's the way it should be. If developers don't want to risk their plugins being stolen they shouldn't have to.

The Forum post is edited by Exaspian Studios Apr 25 '13
Modern
Modern Apr 25 '13
Bob, That comment of mine that you used was out of order mate, I provided that as general professional advice for the Oxwall team and that advice was given in good faith and in a spirit of helpfulness.  It was in no way intended to be derogatory to anyone and especially not to any particular individual. Please do not use anything that I post in this way again as it shows a decided lack of character.

As for the credit lotto problem, yes it is disappointing that it is having problems, however, I am sure that sooner or later someone will come up with a fix and in time it will become a very useful item to have on my site.  Also, as a marketing and customer service professional, I think that the very small charges that the Oxwall developers charge for their addons is an excellent deal and in the main, I am very pleased with the products and the services that I have received.  Even Rolls-Royce are only 95 to 98 perfect at a cost of millions of pounds so what do you expect for just a few bucks.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Apr 26 '13
Modern it was not made out of context as that was exactly the same problem my client had a month or so ago.

So you really think it was okay for Paul to send such a rude PM?

Well I am very surprised!

Kadri
Kadri Apr 26 '13
yes, that's it **
Modern
Modern Apr 26 '13
Bad or indifferent customer care is never good no matter what the circumstances especially when it is someone elses business reputation (Oxwall) that you are affecting.  However, this issue should have been dealt with by a formal complaint in private to Oxwall.  The forums are intended to make friends and help each other in solving problems not for creating private battle grounds.  You might consider in the future taking a more professional approach and attacking the problem and not the person which may be received better and create a more helpful frame of mind in the developer.

The Forum post is edited by Modern Apr 26 '13
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Apr 28 '13
Never go behind any ones back that's what sneaks do, if someone guilty of rudeness then it should be brought out in the open as there is no excuse for such behavior. As for ruining someone business reputation, remember the someone did his own ruination I just posted the message here.

DavidZenry
DavidZenry Apr 30 '13
I could count on two hands how many paid-for plugins I have bought have been a COMPLETE waste of time. Such a shame there are so many poor quality plugins that I'm only paying for as a fix for the ongoing lack of usability within the Oxwall Core.

More reason to consider leaving Oxwall for good and focusing on my own custom software that has no limitations or leeches.

Modern
Modern Sep 22 '13
Yes David, we all face that problem, I have had plugins that work fine until an upgrade, then they don't work for a while until the developer finds the time to revamp it.  That is the nature of the beast and a fact of life that you accepted when you decided to use Oxwall instead of paying a very high price for a dedicated bought product.  Sorry mate, you do get exactly what you pay for and in this case, you have to accept that occasionally you will run into problems.  However, on the whole, I think that Oxwall and indeed the developers do a really good job under the circumstances.  Also appreciation and encouragement works a lot better than verbal attacks and condemnation.
Modern
Modern Sep 22 '13

The way I look at it when I am buying a plugin is that I am taking a gamble.  I read the writups and then make a decision, sometimes I win and sometimes I lose.  Most of the time, a thoughtful enquiry to the developer solves the problem.  That is life, and lets face it, we are only talking about a very small charge for the plugins, the loss of which is not going to break your bank.  My advice, check the updates frequently, a lot of the plugins become work in progress over time and get updated accordingly.

Pages: « 1 2