We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to make email notification immediately as default [Solution Available] | Forum

Bekir Eyiengin
Bekir Eyiengin Jul 22 '13
No it's not true! Found it by myself:

I commented out line 252 in document  /ow_plugins/notifications/controllers/notifications.php

// $field->addOption(NOTIFICATIONS_BOL_Service::SCHEDULE_AUTO, $language->text('notifications', 'schedule_auto'));
Daisy Team
Daisy Jul 23 '13
Sorry for the misleading. You are right. Thank you for sharing this solution.
Dan
Dan May 19 '14
I replaced

return self::SCHEDULE_AUTO;     

with

return self::SCHEDULE_IMMEDIATELY;

I registered a new member and indeed his default was "immediately" so command worked, but
"Manage Users" in my admin panel stopped working, its just a blank page now with nothing shown, no errors show up.

any idea what is happening?
Alia Team
Alia May 20 '14
Dan, disable PROFILER and DEV  modes in ow_includes/config.php and see whether this helps.

Most likely when both PROFILER and DEV modes are enabled too many actions are happening at once on  "Manage users" page. PROFILER is creating very large log and var_export method used within it can't print this log out. As a result you are running out of memory  and "Manage Users" page can't be open.
Musik
Musik Jul 10 '14

Quote from S. Bourdon
Quote from ben   if they reply to topic they also subcribe that topic as default, they dont have to tick the subcribe box.

Here's what I did.

Open oxwall\ow_plugins\forum\init.php

After the following lines:

$event = new OW_Event('notifications.add', $params, $data);

OW::getEventManager()->trigger($event);

}

Add this code:

$subscribeService = FORUM_BOL_SubscriptionService::getInstance();

$userId = OW::getUser()->getId();

$topicId = $post->topicId;

if ( OW::getUser()->isAuthorized('forum', 'subscribe') && !$subscribeService->isUserSubscribed($userId, $topicId) )

{

$subscription = new FORUM_BOL_Subscription;

$subscription->userId = $userId;

$subscription->topicId = $topicId;

$subscribeService->addSubscription($subscription);

}

Hope this helps!  :)

This was a fantastic edition to my site when it was platform 1.5.3. I began applying this fix to the 1.7 version, but this line of code doesn't appear in the forum init.php file. In fact, the file isn't comparable to the 1.5.3 version. Where am I making these changes now?

Thanks in advance!
Musik
Musik Jul 10 '14
Actually, I just accidentally answered my own question! Thirty minutes of puttering around in the new 1.7 files and I found it. For those curious, take S. Bourdon's directions and apply them to the/ow_plugins/forum/classes/event_handler.php file in the same location. It appears to do the trick.
Pages: « 1 2