We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can somebody please help.... | Forum

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jun 13 '13
My facebook connect as stopped working and I cannot get it to work, I have tried everything, I have also deactivated all my pluigns just in case one of them were conflicting with the facebook plugin but yet still it is not working, I would very much appreciate it if someone could take the time to help fix it?

Kind regards

Stan Junior

MDB Entertainment
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jun 14 '13
whats up stan! you got a skype buddy? Also I wanted to use this opportunity to plug OwAccessories.com  we now offer services for things like this at a very affordable price! 

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Jun 14 '13
dave Leader
dave Jun 15 '13

Not everything should be an opportunity for a sales pitch.  There are times that IMO it looks desperate.  Sorry i just think that offering to help someone and at the same time doing a sales pitch is bordering on ethical disparity..  

عثمان السليماني
i think there is an update for facebook connect last week 

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jun 15 '13
I was offering to help him for free! Dave please try to keep in mind that I have built a relationship with people on these boards way before you came around and decided to be a "Leader"! 
dave Leader
dave Jun 15 '13

Thats good that there might be an update to fix the issue.

OA please dont be offended, first it has nothing to do with my title, i would have said the same thing without the title.  I am not one of those power hungry ego people that gets an attitude with a title.  What i say is how i feel with or without any title.  Your statment says nothing about free,  "very affordable price" is not free, if so you should have said free to start with or sent him a PM with the offer.

This is why i said anything to start with.   Please understand that if people get the impression that they have to listen to a sales pitch or be solicited when they ask for help then many will not bother asking for help and that hurts Oxwall.  

It is one thing to tell somone you might need to hire a pro to do what they want. It is much different to say "how may i help you" oh and i have a company that if you pay us "very affordable rates"  we can help you.

I hope that explains, i was not trying to get all up in your "relationshp with customers"  i was trying to keep the focus on support without a self sales pitch.   

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 15 '13
Oxwall Accessories

Quote from dave "relationshp with customers"

With people! 
Quote from dave It is one thing to tell somone you might need to hire a pro to do what they want. It is much different to say "how may i help you" oh and i have a company that if you pay us "very affordable rates"  we can help you.
Oxwall encourages us to be creating services and company's to support their product. There is nothing wrong with letting the community know what we can offer them in posts related to services that could benefit them. Once again I will let you know that before the community started doing this there was not any help to be found around here.  

After the creation of company's like foxtechs, Owaccessories, and even skafla (came back to offer support) we NOW have a thriving community of developers and services that were never an option before. Dave I find you to be very helpful around here and I dont think it has anything to do with your title. But please stop telling me how I can and cannot use my community! I have been helping people and been getting help for a very long time around here. I feel like your attacking me and my company and the way we do business! For instance all arvixe customers received 100 in free goggle add words this month! Just for being a customer and I feel like that's something I cant let my community know about because your going to attack the post. Please if you have an issue with something that I'm doing why don't you pm me instead of making it a public issue.  

dave Leader
dave Jun 15 '13

I think you took my position wrong, i never said you can or cant do anything.  It is not my place to say you can or cant when it comes to this forum, i simply do not have that authority. If i did i would not allow any advertising at all out side of the profile and specialty pages that exist above in the menu.  But again that is not my place and so i never said yes or no.  I only said my opinion as a user and a consumer of which that i can do.  

I will never tell you or anyone yes or no to things i have no authority to do so, but at the same time i do have an opinion about what i call, "situational advantage" advertising that i think is desperate an quite franky i see it as unethical.   I dont care how good someone is, if they try to sell me in a situation where i need help on a free support forum i will never do business with that company, ever! because of my strong beliefs that sales should be done in a sales environment not in a place like the forums.   On the other hand if someone does help me and  after looking at their profile or other pages i see that they offer a service, i might consider doing business because i respect that they did not attempt to solicit me.

I have no issue with you doing business and im sure you may offer a good deal in many ways, that is not my point at all.  And i am not attacking your business at all i am simply saying IMO that i feel there is a time and a place for the sales thing and shoving it in someones face when they dont want it is not right to me.   

I do respect the fact that you would prefer a PM on these things and i will abide by that, thats not a problem at all and i will do so.

Think of it this way, we just differ in opinion is all of what is right and what is kinda grey.  But you saying that i cant reply to your messages with my opinion, aren't you in fact telling me how to use the community.  

There is nothing wrong with having professional differences of opinion and i hope you see it as that, and not a personal attack because i would never personally attack anyone on here unless i really thought they were scamming people and i DO NOT think you are doing that at all.   I just think IMO that you take opportunity at times that IMO you should not go there.

Heck i spoke to a lady for over an hour yesterday on her hosting issues but did i ever say anything about my deal or that she should move over to me or anything regarding my deal. Nope i did not, because again it was not the right place to do so. 

And that is all i was ever saying.   But i dont have that authority to say no so you are more than welcome to keep doing so if you like, and i will keep saying i dont agree with it lol...

Peace enjoy your day :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 15 '13
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jun 15 '13
Please I did not want anyone to have a fall out over this matter, I just wanted someone to kindly help me out with an issue that I am having with the facebook connect plugin, I have been with Oxwall over a year now and I have met some really nice people on Oxwall who I am happy to call a my friend even though we have never met in person, basically we are all here for the same reason and that is to try a build a successful website.

Kind regards

Stan Junior
Oxwall Accessories
do you have a skype buddy? I was going to lend you a hand.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jun 15 '13
No I do not sorry mate, I just don't understand what happened, one minute it was working and then the next nothing, I know it stopped working when I uploaded the Facebook tools plugin, but then I deleted the plugin and it was working again, and then it just6 stopped working all together, I have tried everything, I deactivated all my plugins but that did not work, I am at a loss my friend.
Oxwall Accessories
you may have to fix the settings on facebooks end. they may have changed the way the api works.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jun 15 '13
No the settings are correct I checked them, it is something to do with my website or maybe on my hosting account that is stopping it from working
Oxwall Accessories
who are you with?

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jun 15 '13
blogershost.tk
Oxwall Accessories
I would open a support ticket and call the customer service to see what they think. 
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jun 15 '13
ok thank you I will try that.
dave Leader
dave Jun 15 '13

It could also be that the facebook tools did not totally uninstall.  I do not know if this is fact or not i just know that it has been mentioned that some plugins may not totally uninstall. 

Also Stan my apologies to you for getting off topic :) 

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jun 16 '13
Hi Dave, thank you for your advice, and you do not have to apologize as I totally understand what you were saying, I have checked my plugins on the website as well as on my host account and there is no sign of the plugin, my only hope is that it will correct it's self once the new update arrives fingers crossed :)
dave Leader
dave Jun 16 '13
i hope so too, it is hard for me because i do not use any of the facebook plugins, i was going to until i found out you have to mess with the whole https deal and i did not see a need for that cost for one plugin.   So i am somewhat lost when it comes to those, all i can do is use my experience and logic and try to see what sounds more logical lol...
Pages: 1 2 »