We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to change email template? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Suresh
Suresh Jun 13 '13
I want the emails sent by oxwall is to be pretty (in the sense that it should be HTML + CSS driven). Where i have to edit for getting this to be done? Is there any template for e-mails?
Daisy Team
Daisy Jun 17 '13
Topic was moved from Custom Code Modifications.
ross Team
ross Jun 17 '13
You can do some minor modification using HTML tags, you can do that in the admin panel/settings/language you just need to find a certain notification via search box
Suresh
Suresh Jun 18 '13
Ross, Thanks for the suggestion. But, I wanted to have a email notification as like facebook. for example I have attached my proposed  template for "Invite Friend" in this thread.
The Forum post is edited by Suresh Jun 18 '13
ross Team
ross Jun 18 '13
As I said you can do that in the Language section, you need to have a certain skills in php, html and css to do come up with the e-mail notiification like that
Suresh
Suresh Jun 18 '13
I am a web designer. I know html, css and little php. please explain in little detail. so that i can edit and get it done. 
ross Team
ross Jun 19 '13
For example I want to change the look of the verification message, which comes to the external mailbox of the member. Currently it looks like that: 

<p>Hello,</p><p>Someone (probably you) set this email address as the official email address of <a href="{$site_url}">{$site_name}</a> website.</p><p>To complete this process you need to verify this email address by opening the following URL: <a href="{$url}">{$url}</a></p><p>Alternatively you can open <a href="{$verification_page_url}">this URL</a> and paste there the following code: <b>{$code}</b></p><p>If you didn't try to do that safely ignore this message and your email will not be used.</p><p>Thank you,<br />Administration<br />{$site_name}<br />{$site_url}</p>

So you just need to keep the php variables put and  change the html code. Create a folder with images you' d like to use in this verification message and indicate the path to the image. and embed CSS styles to the document. Very simple. To find a certain message, just type a keyword in the search in the Language section of the admin panel (Admin Panel/Settings/Language) to locate a certain notification. 

Suresh
Suresh Jun 19 '13
Thanks a ton. ur answer gave me ideas to customize the template. I thought that there will be a template for email which has common header (logo) and footer (copyright info) in it and only content part will get changed in each type of email notification. Anyway i will give a try to change  all email notifications as i wanted....
ross Team
ross Jun 25 '13
No problem
Krishnakumar
Krishnakumar Oct 3 '14
Thanks for this thread. Suresh are you still active? I have seen that your website is inactive (Sad that many Oxwall sites are showing expired domains!)
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Oct 5 '14

Quote from Suresh Ross, Thanks for the suggestion. But, I wanted to have a email notification as like facebook. for example I have attached my proposed  template for "Invite Friend" in this thread.
For Mass Mailing:
If you know HTML then at Mass Mailing you select Email format then select HTML, can find many services that provide free  HTML Email templates., load the template into any number of free html editing software scripts and customize the look to your needs.
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Aug 29 '15
Where can you edit the email verification text? Any help would be great
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Aug 29 '15
???

Oxwall Böyle Bir Özellik elmek de neden Geç Kaldı. Küçük Basit sitelerde MEVCUT Yunus Benzeri dağıtıcılar bunu sonmakta ettik.

Taissa Team
Taissa Sep 2 '15
Oxwall Türkiye, please this is English forum, use English only.

Richard Carr,  this topic will help you: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/34483.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 22 '16
Hello

Did anyone of this people manage to create a beautiful email template for oxwall yet?

Or if someone have one i would like to buy :P

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Feb 9 '20
2Top Dating
2Top Dating Feb 8 '20
Has anyone tried the HTML Mail Weaver plugin? It has everything I need from an email template from a design point of view.
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Feb 8 '20

There is only one way to understand this, to buy this product.

There is a demo address, but you can control system plugins with administrator permission.

I can say that he is a successful friend about Ebenezer Obasi.

You can buy the plugin without hesitation.

You can contact him to get more information.

You can edit your designs a bit by adding html in the language settings section for the e-mail interface.

If you do not have any coding knowledge, try the Ebenezer Obasi plugin.

2Top Dating
2Top Dating Feb 9 '20

Quote from Oxwall Türkiye

There is only one way to understand this, to buy this product.

There is a demo address, but you can control system plugins with administrator permission.

I can say that he is a successful friend about Ebenezer Obasi.

You can buy the plugin without hesitation.

You can contact him to get more information.

You can edit your designs a bit by adding html in the language settings section for the e-mail interface.

If you do not have any coding knowledge, try the Ebenezer Obasi plugin.

Thanks for the response. I do not want to edit the language values as I would like the emails design to be consistent and I want to be able to make changes easily. I create a post on the plugin forum but didn't get a response.

UPDATE: Was finally able to reach the developer through the WhatApp number on his website. He is friendly as you mentioned. He has some personal things to deal with in real life and not answering emails till next week. He however, answered all my questions and guaranteed me full refund if the plugins doesn't satisfy the stated requirements.

I will obtain a copy of the plugin and post update on how it goes.

The Forum post is edited by 2Top Dating Feb 9 '20
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Feb 9 '20

you can also buy this plugin, if you want create simple html template and know HTML basic

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1680

2Top Dating
2Top Dating Feb 9 '20

Quote from ArtMedia

you can also buy this plugin, if you want create simple html template and know HTML basic

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1680

Thanks. I saw this plugin but I like the UI of the weaver plugin and how you can make little changes easily.
Pages: 1 2 »