We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Just wanted to share - Auto User Purge | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jun 14 '13

Just thought i would share how i did this to get a good core of members using this plugin.

I had a bit of a challenge because i had just converted over from another script to Oxwall and so everyone had the same activity date.  What i did was i sent an email out for everyone to log in and update their profile within 7 days. 

Then when that time came i reviewed the results.  It was not the best result but it was real.  There were customers that had not signed in among those that i really wanted to keep because they were old time members. 

So what i did was i logged in as admin (to set my activity date)  then i went into the database and all of the people that had updated their profile i did a sql to update all their activity dates to the same as mine (timestamp).  Then the few old timers that i wanted to keep regardless i manually went into each row and change their activity date to mine. 

So this effectively seperated everyone out leaving those that had not signed in to update their profile with a date of 7 days ago.  Then i just set the purge for 6 days just to be sure and let it sit that way for a full day.  When i checked back, all the old ones were gone (140 of them) , and then i just changed the purge back to 90 days.   Now i have a good core and the cycle is set. 

Happy coding... :)

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thats a good way to keep your site clean with active members. Thanks for sharing.
You do not have permission to reply this topic