We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Features and description - catalog | Forum

Alexandr Makarov
Alexandr Makarov Aug 2 '13
Widgets

Keep you users informed about latest and the most rated catalog items. Widgets can be placed on dashboard as well as in the index page. You can configure item count, thumbnail size, and sort order Currently there are two types of widgets: search form and items list.

Search

In addtion to category, price and title you can search by any custom field. They can be presented as checkboxes, selects, and inputs. More search options will come in next versions

Page layout

You can customize catalog pages as you like. Almost every element on the page can be moved. You can also group custom fields into boxes and move them along the page, so you can create lets say "ingredients" block, or "contacts" block

Item reviews

Make your catalog social by letting users review and rate items. Widgets can be configured to sort items according to their rating and popularity

Google maps

Supports google maps, so you can specify where certain catalog items are located.

You features

Suggest a feature and it may be implemented in future versions.

The Forum post is edited by Alexandr Makarov Aug 2 '13
IB
IB Sep 17 '13
Hi,
I was wondering if this plugin allows installation and setting up to be done in the Admin area without going live on the front end of a website?
Thanks.
Alexandr Makarov
Alexandr Makarov Sep 17 '13
you can setup plugin in admin area, but you need to go to frond end to populate data
intuigo.pl
intuigo.pl Sep 20 '13
+1 for tag support :)
Scott Tynan
Scott Tynan Sep 27 '13
Hi, 

Is this plugin intended for use by members of the site to list their own products or for admin to list their own? 

If it is intended for members to use how does the product payments get handled? or is it catalog only with no purchasing function?

Alexandr Makarov
Alexandr Makarov Sep 27 '13
It can be used both by admin and users

And it doesnt provide payment functions for now

Scott Tynan
Scott Tynan Sep 27 '13
Quote from Alexandr Makarov It can be used both by admin and users

And it doesnt provide payment functions for now

Thanks for your speedy reply :)

intuigo.pl
intuigo.pl Sep 27 '13
hi what a coincident  :)

i have just logged to add:

-user items listing widet on user profile 

and someone asked for somehing similar

greetings Alexandr - good job keep it going :)

Jeffery
Jeffery Oct 1 '13
Buy now or add to cart options need to be available. 
Gavin
Gavin Oct 23 '13
I would really like it if we could have this search not just the title but also the description.

I use this as a business/service directory so just searching the title is not always helpful and users find it harder to find the things they need.

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Nov 30 '13
Can one click away / take away price? Could be interesting in connection with UFO and Linux prensentasjon, description in the catalog form. I see the usefulness of the product, if you can click away price!
Kyle Willets
Kyle Willets Jan 12 '14
A great feature, I think, would be to incorporate the new media share options into the catalog. So you can share a product on social networks especially twitter so people know the newest product or others can share the products they liked with friends and family. 
Håvard Herberg
Håvard Herberg Feb 18 '14
Is it possible to add multiple instances of the catalog plugin on the same Oxwell site? I can imagine several application areas for the plugin, so this would be a great feature. 

Best regards. 
Kenneth
Kenneth Mar 16 '14
Quote from

You features

Can you please add the ability to add photos to to descriptions.

Even when I add them through the WYSIWYG they don't show after I pick save.

I know you can add "photos" however I would love to add photos to the description.

Kenneth
Kenneth Mar 18 '14
Quote from Kenneth
Quote from

You features

Can you please add the ability to add photos to to descriptions.

Even when I add them through the WYSIWYG they don't show after I pick save.

I know you can add "photos" however I would love to add photos to the description.

To tell the truth I use this as more of a information catalog and wiki.

http://www.cimmarian.com/social/wiki

I would love to be able to add more features to the description.

Maybe make most WYSIWYG features function such as photos, boxes, lists etc.

Gavin Gordon
Gavin Gordon Jun 4 '14
Can one use the google maps feature to search for locations nearest to yourself? 
Jocke
Jocke Sep 25 '14
Is it possible to add user items listing widet on user profile? That would be soooo nice.
Abzal
Abzal Oct 5 '14
Is it possible to create a category inside another category?
Alexandr Makarov
Alexandr Makarov Oct 6 '14

Quote from Abzal Is it possible to create a category inside another category?
not possible
artur
artur May 15 '15

Quote from Alexandr Makarov
Quote from Abzal Is it possible to create a category inside another category?
not possible
очень жаль.. ещё очень жаль что мобильной версии тоже нет.. спасибо.
Pages: 1 2 »
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic