We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Forum spacing and highlights, Not sure why. | Forum

Kenneth
Kenneth Aug 17 '13
http://www.cimmarian.com/social/forum/topic/42

Lately, All I have seen is forums creating mass spaces. Mostly on posts with youtube videos embedded.

My assumption is this could be a embedded issue with the youtube videos though it's strange if you push enter once to leave an empty line when you post it leaves massive spaces.

For example when I first posted that I had to play around with backspace all day till it looked decent.

another issue is when you copy from another page then paste you get highlights so if you copy or cut from another website or profile page that is white or another colour in the background when you paste into the forums. So for example Know of the games but no longer own consoles. So let us hope these classic companies keep bringing us the arcade games to steam! - See more at: http://www.cimmarian.com//social/forum/topic/42

I copied that from the forum topic I posted at the top now all my font will look like this.

Alia Team
Alia Aug 19 '13
Hello Keneth,

1. Mass spaces. Can you list exact steps I should follow to reproduce the issue?

2. We are aware of the second issue with styles being copied along with the text. That is how copy-paste functionality works in WYSIWYG currently used on Oxwall.
Unfortunately, we can't fix this now, since this will require complex changes within the whole software.

Solution:
1. paste the text into plain text editor before pasting into WYSIWYG
2. replacing current WYSIWYG system by another one ( requires complex custom code modifications).
Kenneth
Kenneth Aug 19 '13
Quote from Aliia Hello Keneth,

1. Mass spaces. Can you list exact steps I should follow to reproduce the issue?

2. We are aware of the second issue with styles being copied along with the text. That is how copy-paste functionality works in WYSIWYG currently used on Oxwall.
Unfortunately, we can't fix this now, since this will require complex changes within the whole software.

Solution:
1. paste the text into plain text editor before pasting into WYSIWYG
2. replacing current WYSIWYG system by another one ( requires complex custom code modifications).

1. Copying youtube embed code and using the video button, After typing up what you want and click post it just makes random spaces between videos and/or text.

this is why I think it's an issue on the youtube embed side. 

Alia Team
Alia Aug 20 '13
Kenneth, I was not able to reproduce the issue on my own installation.
Which browser and OS are you using?