We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Google Chrome not working with Facebook Connect [Solved] | Forum

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Sep 4 '13

Dear Sir/Madam

I have noticed that if you are using the browser Google chrome, Facebook connect on my website does not work, members have contacted me also stating that they cannot connect using Google chrome why is? and is there a fix for this issue, since most of my members use Google Chrome?

Kind regards

Stan Junior

The Forum post is edited by Alia Sep 9 '13
Joseph
Joseph Sep 4 '13
just stopping in to say I tested this and Stan is right it pops up like its signing in and then disappears without ever signing the user in
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Sep 4 '13
Hi Joseph, yes that happened to me and some of my members, is there a fix for it?
Alia Team
Alia Sep 5 '13
Jospeh, on your site FB connect worked in Chrome for me.

Stan, on your site FB connect doesn't work for me at all ( tested in Chrome and Firefox).

1. So only some members can't log in on your site?
2. Can you test with a totally new member? ( the one who never loged in via FB)
3. Can you test with a member that used to log in before?
4. Enable DEBUG mode
5. Check your server's error logs.
6. This issues started only recently? Have you done any changes before you got the first report from your members? ( installed plugins, added custom html code...).

Sorry for so many questions. At this stage it is not clear why FB connect is not working on your site. Any additional info is appreciated.

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Sep 5 '13
something really strange as happened, I just tried to log in using Facebook connect using Google chrome and it worked, can you please try it again Aliia to see if you too can sign in with Google Chrome, you see this problem as been going on for quite a while now, did you change anything? lol 
Joseph
Joseph Sep 5 '13
my fb works fine yes I was reffering to stans site I went there and tested the login
Alia Team
Alia Sep 6 '13
Stan, no luck. Is not working for me.

Is it working for you now?
When did you add "Powered by Google Translate" to your site?
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Sep 6 '13

I deleted the local pluging powered by Google but the facebook connect still will not work, this is confusing, as when I click on facebook connect using Google Chrome on my computer it lets me in, but everyone else seems to have an issue with theres, so basically I cannot test the debug as it lets me in, unless you can test it for me, I really need to try and get this sorted out as most people use Google Chrome.

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Sep 6 '13
I added the local a while ago probably about the time that Google Chrome stopped working with Facebook connect.
Pete
Pete Sep 6 '13

It may well be that some members need to clear there catch on there web browser Stan . Things have not worked for me before ,then I have cleared my web browser catch and everything is ok .It was just a thought as some people can log in and some cant ,so its working ,so it has got to be something simple why this is happening .

The Forum post is edited by Pete Sep 6 '13
Pete
Pete Sep 6 '13
If you want to offer your members good free software tell them to use this to clear there catch ,its very good and free  http://www.piriform.com/  I best be carefull what I post ,I will be getting called a spammer again lol,i wil have that woman following me round and posting "see I told you he was a spammer ."
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Sep 6 '13
Hi Peter well when I use my other computer google chrome works with facebook connect but all my other friends even though they clear thier catch it still will not work, Aliia also tried it and it would not work.
Pete
Pete Sep 6 '13
That is so weird Stan,you can log in ,but othere members cant ,maybe some members need to update there google chrome ,or it might well be the opp system that some people have on there computers ,it has to be something like that.Its working Stan because you can log in ,its got to be something simple that is causing you this problem,if it was not working ,nobody would be able to log in.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Sep 6 '13
peter can you please try and sign into my website using Google Chrome and let me know if it works please?
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Sep 6 '13
using facebook connect?
Pete
Pete Sep 6 '13
Let me just download google chrome and I will try it for you Stan
Pete
Pete Sep 6 '13
just logged in using chrome and facebook connect without any problems Stan
Pete
Pete Sep 6 '13
All I can think now it must be some members opp Systems on there computer or there google chrome needs updating.I just played a vid on your site and posted a comment and that works fine.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Sep 6 '13
Nice one Peter Success at last lol
Pete
Pete Sep 6 '13
At least you no now its working Stan ,maybe it may be worth putting a message on your site telling guests that if thay cant log in with chrome with connect ,thay might need to update it ,or it might be there opp system stopping them
Pages: 1 2 »