We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Objective-C Native iPhone app | Forum

Romuald
Romuald Oct 27 '13

@ Thomas

hello, I do not xcode I am on windows and mac will not have a solution if you like or someone could help me please

Emil Team
Emil Oct 29 '13
Thomas,

It might be a good idea to make a generic app (that can let sign in to any Oxwall website) and a regular Oxwall plugin to support your app, so site owners wouldn't need to copy folders, etc. This way everybody could the use the app. Right now the use is only limited to those knowing their way around Xcode, which I believe dwarves the opportunities for this app.

Thanks,

Emil

Thomas
Thomas Oct 29 '13
@Emil. Native applications do require some knowledge of the system you are developing for but I see your point. We are gonna release a version of the app that is going to be able to connect to various sites IF they have our software installed on their server. 

As to developing the server side of the software as a plugin, I do not have the necessary skills to do that and I've been focusing on the app itself. I was hoping that some members of the Oxwall community would like to join the project, but I'm sorry to say, the only response I've had was a few "good luck Thomas". For which I am very grateful.

Basically, I develop software that I plan to use myself. Not as a business. The plugin part is not required for our own purposes, and therefore we have not put any effort into learning the Oxwall structure more than we need to. 

I don't know if the problem is that I'm running this as a open source project and most programmers here choose to keep the code proprietary, but no one who actually have plugin development experience has shown any interest to contribute with programming skills.

So, until we have the necessary knowledge or a project member that is willing to do some coding, there will be som more "copy folders, etc" in order to get this software running. And if somebody have problems with basic folder structure, accessing the db and adding a few lines of PHP, then perhaps they should not run a website to start with. ;-)

The Forum post is edited by Thomas Oct 29 '13
ustc
ustc Oct 29 '13
Quote from Emil It might be a good idea to make a generic app (that can let sign in to any Oxwall website) and a regular Oxwall plugin to support your app, so site owners wouldn't need to copy folders, etc. This way everybody could the use the app. Right now the use is only limited to those knowing their way around Xcode, which I believe dwarves the opportunities for this app.
This is really a good idea, the client and the server can be separate, and the server can be a plugin on oxwall. 

fbkca
fbkca Nov 4 '13
Quote from Thomas

So, until we have the necessary knowledge or a project member that is willing to do some coding, there will be som more "copy folders, etc" in order to get this software running. And if somebody have problems with basic folder structure, accessing the db and adding a few lines of PHP, then perhaps they should not run a website to start with. ;-)

I agree ;) and looking forward to this app.
Navill
Navill Jan 10 '14
Is the project done, will love to have a look. Thanks 
ryan a
ryan a May 12 '14
I have just successfully submitted my IOS APP based on Oxwall to Apple and it has been approved. I have coded it using Xcode. All you need to do is use a responsive theme or the built in mobile view and use UIWebView in xcode to build your app for IOS devices.
Jonathon
Jonathon Jun 2 '14
Is there and Android version of this yet? if so can I get it IM'd to me please? 
Romuald
Romuald Aug 6 '14
hello I would like to know who posted the cat? and who could guide me and advise me please.
Nicolas
Nicolas Aug 7 '14

Quote from Jonathon Is there and Android version of this yet? if so can I get it IM'd to me please? 

You can try the android app at: https://play.google.com/...mod.oxwall&hl=en

Romuald
Romuald Aug 7 '14
# Nicolas
hello, is that it works for all oxwall sites? and y there an iPhone version?
Cordially
Curtis
Curtis Aug 16 '14
Hey Thomas,

I'm currently on holiday, but when I get back I'm gonna take a look at the code and see if a Windows Phone or Windows 8 port can be done.

Curtis
Nicolas
Nicolas Aug 19 '14

Quote from Romuald # Nicolas
hello, is that it works for all oxwall sites? and y there an iPhone version?
Cordially
Hi Romuald,

IOS app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imod-oxwall/id889012201?mt=8

Oxwall Store: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/939

Pages: « 1 2 3