We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

BUG REPORTS - OxArt Comment Votes | Forum

Sardar
Sardar Oct 2 '13
Hi! If you have any problems with the plugin feel free to post reports here.
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 18 '14
I just upgraded to Oxwall 7 and this plug in seems to conflict with the Smileys plug in. 

It's not really a bug, both plug ins work, just not together. 

Our site Members decided it was better to be able to smile at each other than to vote on each other's comments so I've retired Comments Vote for now..lol but it's a great plug in and it would be nice to have both options for the comments. :)
Is this a known conflict and is there anything that can be done to resolve it? 

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jul 22 '14

Oups, I have smileys too, but still on version 1.6.

Did the two plugins already conflict in version 1.6 ? If not, I may buy this plugin and hope that the author will fix it for 1.7...

Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 22 '14

Quote from Martin Philipps

Quote from Martin Philipps

Oups, I have smileys too, but still on version 1.6.

Did the two plugins already conflict in version 1.6 ? If not, I may buy this plugin and hope that the author will fix it for 1.7...

Hi Martin, I don't know about 1.6 as I skipped that one and went from 1.5.3 to 1.7

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jul 22 '14
I was too fast, I bought and installed this plugin on Oxwall 1.6 and now my smileys no longer work! It's really bad, I'll have to deactivate Comment Vote again, Smileys are more important. Hope the two plugin developers can communicate and work together to resolve the problem. It's a pity! :(
Sardar
Sardar Jul 22 '14
Hi,

I've already contacted the developer of Smileys plugin, we'll try to resolve the issue ASAP.

Regards,

Sardar

Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 22 '14
That's great, thanks!
Quote from Sardar Hi,

I've already contacted the developer of Smileys plugin, we'll try to resolve the issue ASAP.

Regards,

Sardar

Musik
Musik Jul 30 '14
My site is blank after installing this plugin. This is the error I found in my server Error Log (note, I removed the full URL for privacy reasons):

[30-Jul-2014 19:18:20] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method OACVOTE_BOL_Service::getPlugin() in [*URL REDACTED BY ARI*]/ow_plugins/oacvote/bol/service.php on line 222

Going into the /ow_plugins_oacvote/bol/service.php file, this is what is on line 222:

OW::getDocument()->addScript($this->getPlugin()->getStaticJsUrl() . 'votes.js?' . OW::getConfig()->getValue('base', 'cachedEntitiesPostfix'));

Any help? ):
Sardar
Sardar Jul 31 '14
Hi Ari,

Probably you have problem with class name conflict. OACVOTE_BOL_Service inherits this method from parent class, and looks like it was overridden by another plugin. If it's possible send me your site FTP details via PM and I'll fix the problem ASAP.

You can also make a temp hotfix  - add this method to service class:

---------------------------------------

public function getPlugin()   

{        

return OW::getPluginManager()->getPlugin("oacvote");    

}

---------------------------------------
To avoid the problem in future I'll change the name of parent class.

The Forum post is edited by Sardar Jul 31 '14
Simone
Simone Sep 10 '14
Hi,

it cause a theme issue in Confessions (http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/841) plugin.

If you want to try ill give you my credential

thank you

Sardar
Sardar Sep 10 '14
Hi Simone,

Thanks for your report! Please send me your credentials via PM, I'll figure it out ASAP.

Simone
Simone Sep 12 '14

Hi Sardar, i have sent you credential.

Now want to share with you how this plugin works in my site so you can help me if it is mine error or plugin error.

Let's talk about notification.

When an user receive a notification about vote, the link to see the vote sometimes doesnt works.

For example I have found that when an user vote in dashboard, the notification link will be "site.com/dashboard", in home section is "site.com".

So for an user its impossible to find comment.

It is more logical that the link is "site.com/plugin/newsfeed/numerofcomment" (if vote on a newsfeed comment) or "site.com/plugin/forum/numberofpost" (if vote on a forum post.

Do you understand me?

Jordi
Jordi Apr 6 '15
Hi Sardar,

ik have a small bug..

when my site is in a small screen everything is ok.

but when it is in a big screen the users vote list is not good anymore.

I know its somthing to do with the theme. But please can you help fix this?

Musik
Musik Apr 6 '15

Quote from Jordi Hi Sardar,

ik have a small bug..

when my site is in a small screen everything is ok.

but when it is in a big screen the users vote list is not good anymore.

I know its somthing to do with the theme. But please can you help fix this?

I have a similar theme (likely be the same designer) and a similar issue.
Achim
Achim Jul 21 '15
Hi,

I bought this plugin, but it causes an error in the group display. The sidebar on the right goes to the middle and messes up the layout. When I deactivate your plugin, the page displays correctly. We assume it's an issue with a div container. I use the Blueline Plus theme, but the error displays with other themes, too.

Can you please fix this?

Kind regards
Achim
Furyan Satoo
Furyan Satoo May 22 '16
Hello,
i have simillar problem too. In blogs, profiles, groups...etc.
Theme: Origin

Blogs comment:

Thank you for fix.
S.

Musik
Musik May 22 '16

Quote from Furyan Satoo Hello,
i have simillar problem too. In blogs, profiles, groups...etc.
Theme: Origin

Blogs comment:

Thank you for fix.
S.

Hey, Furyan! I had this issue a while back. It's caused by the comment/newsfeed post truncation that was added in Oxwall 1.7+. This is the fix. Hope that helps!
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic