We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error 500 Internal Server Error. | Forum

John
John Sep 30 '10
I did the queries.

It now takes me into Admin and I get the message below:

admin+manage_plugins_manual_update_request

I click on that to update. It then says updated however, it will not allow me to move around the Admin options. It just stays right on that message above.

@Michael
We have fixed your site. By some reasons, update script didn't execute some sql statements. That's why you had this 500 error.

@John
Try to execute follow sql queries on your oxwall's db:

DELETE FROM `ow_base_menu_item` WHERE `prefix` = 'admin' AND `key` = 'sidebar_menu_item_ads';
INSERT INTO `ow_base_config` SET `key`='base', `name`='check_mupdates_ts', `value`='0', `description`='Last manual updates check timestamp.';

This must help.

Guys, I have a question to both of you:
When your update script was finished, did you get any messages or errors on /ow_updates page?
Michael Leader
Michael Sep 30 '10
Nope. It all reported to have worked.

I can install b2 again and see if the same happens later if u like.
Den Team
Den Oct 1 '10
@John
Please, PM me your FTP/phpMyadmin details, we will look into it

@Michael
Yes, please, would you do it again?
Michael Leader
Michael Oct 1 '10
I will have a crack at it. Hopefully this weekend and will msg you to let u know.
Ashok Leader
Ashok Oct 1 '10

Quote from Michael

I will have a crack at it. Hopefully this weekend and will msg you to let u know.

Could you send it to me too?
Den Team
Den Oct 4 '10
I have some news about this 500 error. For all, who have 500 internal error after manual update from Beta2 to Beta4, try this:
1) Go to phpmyadmin->oxwall_database->ow_base_config
2) Search row with key=base and name=soft_build
3) Set value of this row to 0
4) Run manual update process again.
This must help. Let me know if something doesn't work for you guys
WalterMurrmr
WalterMurrmr Jul 5 '22

nlike other server-side errors like a 502 code or a 503 code, a 500 internal survival server error is it doesn't immediately tell you what the problem is, nor does it tell you how to fix it. If the error persists for too long on your site, it could even negatively impact your server..

So, let's dive into a few potential causes of the error. Then, we'll present some solutions so you can try to fix the issue.

Potential Causes of a 500 Internal Server Error

A 500 internal server error is, as the name implies, a general problem with the website's server. More than likely, this means there's an issue or temporary glitch with the website's programming.

Some potential causes of a 500 internal server error include:

• Corrupted or broken .htaccess file
  • A permissions error
  • Faulty third-party plugins or themes
  • The PHP memory limit being exceeded

Fortunately, there are a few effective solutions for fixing most of these problems.

The Forum post is edited by WalterMurrmr Jul 5 '22
RichardGravener
RichardGravener Jul 31 '22

If You're Trying to Load a Page with a 500 Internal Bootvibe Server Error:

So please follow these steps for fix it.

1. Refresh the page. ...
  2. Come back later. ...
  3. Delete your browser's cookies. ...
  4. Paste your URL into the website "Down for Everyone or Just Me." ...
  5. Deactivate a plugin or theme. ...
  6. Use a plugin like WP Debugging to identify the issue.

The Forum post is edited by RichardGravener Nov 16 '22
errol allen
errol allen Aug 16 '22
The HTTP status code 500 is a generic error response. It means that the server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request. This error is usually returned by the server when no other error code is suitable.
RichardGravener
RichardGravener Aug 25 '22
@errol allen thank you so much for your suggestion and response
The Forum post is edited by RichardGravener Aug 25 '22
William
William Sep 7 '22

A 500 internal server error is, as the name implies, a general problem with the website's server. More than likely, this means there's an issue or temporary glitch with the website's programming. Some potential causes of a 500 internal server error include: Corrupted or broken .

Regards,
Will Joe

RichardGravener
RichardGravener Sep 9 '22
@William thank you so much for your suggestion and response also
The Forum post is edited by RichardGravener Sep 9 '22
Eva Lyra
Eva Lyra Sep 28 '23
Encountering an "ERROR 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR" can be frustrating, but it's a generic message indicating that something has gone wrong on the server side. To address this, consider checking your server configuration, reviewing your code for errors, and examining server logs for more specific details. If you're experiencing recurrent issues, it might be beneficial to host your application on a dependable Seattle Dedicated Server, which can provide better control and performance, helping to prevent such errors.
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 21 '23
And with 24-hour roadside assistance, you need never worry about the time. Elk Grove Concrete Co
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Jan 3
Our goal is to ensure that your entire fleet operates at its best, providing optimal performance and reliability. Roseville Christmas Lights Installation
Pages: « 1 2