We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Invite all users to events | Forum

Eric Chen
Eric Chen Nov 5 '13

My goal is to be able to invite all users to an event. As I understand, there's no functionality out of the box for this. I'm currently using Purusothaman's Admin Pal to become friends with all current users and new users as they join. Since I'm friends with all users, I'll now able to invite all users to events.

The only problem I have is not having the ability to one-click select all users when inviting them. Currently I have to individually select users, which can be time consuming once we grow our user base to 1000+. Is there any custom code modification that can select all users when inviting to an event? Or can anyone develop a plugin for this?

Thanks

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Nov 23 '13

I'm the same. Okay so users can only invite their friends, but I need the administrator to invite all members.

It would be helpful if members had a "[X] Select All Friend" instead of mark them one by one, plus if you have many friends is not all show and some stay uninvited.

Chuck Zwicker
Chuck Zwicker Dec 13 '15
Yes I am in same boat as well, i would like an invite as admin for events, to send to all users regardless if your friends or not.  Or if someone else creates an event that i think the whole community should know about, I should be able to invite all users.