We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How does it work? - Introduction | Forum

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Nov 6 '13

My social network contact sex between adults, has about 2,000 members, everyone wants to advertise. Who is announced there? And whoever wishes, random, new members, which the admin decide ...? How long does it take before the member is changed? There is a link to visit the profile? Can not see the avatar? I am very interested in this plugin, but I have many doubts.

Sen Projects
Sen Projects Nov 6 '13
Hi Patricia,

Thank you for your interest. The plugin works like this.... You will see an Introduction widget in the Dashboard page with a textarea for you to write something about yourself like interests, hobbies, your favorite music and anything that will catch the attention of everyone. After you wrote something about yourself the textarea will disappear and you will now see other members' introductions in random, random in every page's refresh (this is designed like this so it wont make your server load heavily) and on every introduction there is an 'Add A Friend' button which actually links to the profile page of the owner of the introduction so we can actually see the profile of the member before we add him/her as a friend. Yes there is no avatar of the member in the introduction but their name is written at the end of the introduction. We created it like that to make it unique. And it doesn't require any fee, credits or virtual points for you to write in the Introduction Widget.

It will help other members or new sign ups to have more friends quicker since they will be shown in the Dashboard page.

you can try the plugin in our demo site http://oxwall.oldfuture-it.com

Thank you.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader

Thanks for a quick reply. The idea of ​​this plugin is good but is too basic.

At least needed:

- Not all user roles can advertise

- Display the avatar (think plugin "User Hint")

- Show other listing if it is a friend

I encourage you to perfect it!

Sen Projects
Sen Projects Nov 6 '13
Hi Patricia,

Thank you for the inputs. Yes we can do that in the next release. Right now we are busy developing new plugins for Oxwall. If for monetization or by user roles I think we can release another version of the plugin. Is it allowed here in Oxwall like to make advance version of the previous plugin? But then it will not be for $5.00 anymore.

Have a great day.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
It is so important that it is cheap as it is useful in a large social network. If I buy it useful without looking at the price, but as it stands is too basic.

Perhaps develop two versions, basic and advanced.

Sen Projects
Sen Projects Nov 6 '13
Thanks Patricia. We will ask Oxwall team too if this is allowed.

Have a great day.

Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Dec 4 '13
Just out of curiosity how different is this plugin from the contact me widget?
Sen Projects
Sen Projects Dec 5 '13
Quote from Amber S /Liz M Just out of curiosity how different is this plugin from the contact me widget?

They are totally different plugins. Contact Me is used to contact someone in the website while this plugin let's your members to give some Introduction about themselves so they can easily gain more friends quickly.

Thanks.

Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Dec 24 '13
is this only set on the dashboard and not the main page or?
Sen Projects
Sen Projects Dec 25 '13
Hi Amber,

Yes it is only shown in the Dashboard page but we can make it the introductions also show in your main page if you like. Please let us know after purchase and we will customize it for you.

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Dec 27 '13
Would love for you to be able to do that majority of our members use the main more then the dashboard and will send you a message after  I buy it thank you so much and Merry Christmas
Sen Projects
Sen Projects Dec 27 '13
Hi Amber,

Yes, thank you we will update the plugin to have the widget also show in the Main page. Kindly give us until this Sunday for the update. We will upload the update in the store so that all Oxwallers who bought it will be updated too.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Dec 29 '13
Let me know when its ready :)
Sen Projects
Sen Projects Dec 29 '13
Hi,

We updated the plugin to make it also show in the Oxwall Main Page.

Kindly download the new zip file in case you did not receive any notification in your admin panel for the update. Overwrite the existing copy of your ow_plugins/introduce module in your server and deactivate then activate it after overwriting the existing copy. If you receive the update notification simply update it your admin panel.

Thank you and Happy New Year.

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Dec 30 '13
I like it, now it just needs the ability for members to edit their introductions. For when they have mood changes, or if they mess up, etc.
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Dec 30 '13
Also would be nice to give the admins/mods the ability to edit other people's posts, in the off chance they don't use the introduction module how they should be using it. Spamming, Insulting others, or simply not putting anything so that all that appears is their name. Like one of my members has already done. etc.
Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Dec 30 '13
I have to agree with VLAD there needs to be a Admin option to edit when people put un appropriate things and a edit option to have members edit as well its a great plugin we like it
Sen Projects
Sen Projects Dec 31 '13
Hi guys,

Thank you for the suggestion. We will update this plugin again to include the features where members can edit their Introductions and an admin facility to delete offensive Introduction posts. And sorry for the late reply just very busy for the New Year celebration.

Happy New Year Guys.

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Dec 31 '13
Wonderful to hear, Thnx!
Have a happy new year!
Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Feb 10 '14
has this been updated to edit?
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic