We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook Connect and Facebook Contact importer both not working | Forum

Saurabh Sharma
Saurabh Sharma Jul 8 '11
I um unable to sign up from fb connect and FB contact importer is not working..

and i didn't found any useful info here..
Additionally.. Facebook is not blocked here
and allow_url_fopen is enabled!!

@Addenster: Please help.!!
Attachments:
  Capture.PNG (7.07Kb)
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 9 '11
Looks like maybe a problem at the Facebook end?
Den Team
Den Jul 10 '11
@Saurabh
What is your site URL?
Crewdog
Crewdog Sep 12 '11
Addenster,

I found a few problems while trying to use the facebook connect plugin.

If I login to facebook and stay logged in, then try to connect to my Oxwall site using facebook connect, it will log me in.

However, if I am not already logged into facebook with cookie enabled to stay logged in, then even when FB login splash screen comes up it does not work.

I have made a video of what happens, but since it contains private info I will PM you the link.
Laxman
Laxman Sep 12 '11
Hello sir After updating 1.2.3 my site in Problem, please help me...

http://www.iuttaranchal.com/
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Sep 20 '11
Hello DEVs...
Now since two Days (use OX same time) i try to use FBconnect but do not work.

- Any Login try with Chrome-Browser (Iron) the nice -red error message- popups.

- With Firefox602 comes after FBconnect-Window an endless reload of my page, can only stop manuel oder closing browser.

- IE8 dont do anything (maybe restriction in browser)

Now i have merge the FBconnect windows URL-Line from here (oxwall) and my side and i see difference in this URI-Line.

On my side the function "fbconnect_xd_receiver.htm" difference three times from your side "xd_receiver.htm".

Hope you can do anything with this Information to find a way that FBconnect working fine.

Promote my URI is irrelevant, i going to install oxwall now complete clear and try fbconnect before i change anything in oxwall (language and plugins).

See you tomorrow
greets Facetester
Platform version 1.2.4 (build 4230)

EDIT:
After complete fresh clean new Install (DB empty and unchanged Variables inside)
with new Secret Key from Facebook Developerscreen,
with only the FBconnect Plugin, the FB Login not working

Same three Difference in the FBconnect-Window (see picture above)

- The Facebook Developer Screen give no information about Errors or any Statistics over connection from this API
( https://developers.facebook.com/...-ID-API-KEY/insights )

greets and good night (i come from germany 1:03am)
Facetester
The Forum post is edited by FaceTester Sep 20 '11
Den Team
Den Sep 21 '11
Hi Facetester 
First, thank you for detailed report :)
Typically, this error means that script can't send query from your browser to facebook. There are may two reasons for that:
- temporary conection problem with facebook from your end.
- your server is blocked/banned by facebook. 

Would you provide me with a link to your site? 

FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Sep 21 '11
Is an rootserver, Facebook dont know this server before oxwall-FBconnect ;-)

if any restriction on Facebook with this server, that must be see in the APP-Developer Page...but nothing.

http://foobar.de (side was testet by Addenster --thx for that !!)

see you here later
greets
Facetester

EDIT:
Found in Chrome dev-console this line:

--start--
Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://www.foobar.de/index from frame with URL http://www.facebook.com/extern/login_status.php?api_key=xxxxxxxxxxxx&extern=2&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foobar.de%2Ffbconnect_xd_receiver.htm&locale=en_US. Domains, protocols and ports must match.
--EOF--
Little search say that this a mismatch between cross over two Domain and the frame in frame build of the Facebook-Login-Window.
i m not sure if this right, because i think the fbconnect-plugin is programmed usefull from facebook API format..
Only the Differences between your (oxwall.org) xd_receiver.htm and in the Oxwall 1.2.4 included process with fbconnect_xd_receiver.htm seemed to me as the problem.

In the Java-Console of FireFox602 come in my german version no exactly information, it is display any infos about new parsing...not realy helpful.
The Forum post is edited by FaceTester Sep 22 '11
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Sep 21 '11
is it possible to get the complete fbconnect-plugin from this side here (oxwall.org) because in this plugin are other direction for facebook (e.g. xd_receiver.htm) and your plugin working with FBlogin.

greets
Face
The Forum post is edited by FaceTester Sep 21 '11
Den Team
Den Sep 22 '11
Don't sure that cross domain notification can be the reason of this issue. This is a standart procedure when from the fbconnect windows domain iframe is calling. 
I just registered on your site via Facebook connect without problems. here is my profile's URL http://www.predators-paintball.de/user/dennisj ;

Fbconnect plugin shows this error message when it will receive  from facebook NULL response. This is the only way when you may receive such error in your browser. That's why I assumed that only two reasons before :)

I don't get your point about this
Quote from Facetester is it possible to get the complete fbconnect-plugin from this side here (oxwall.org) because in this plugin are other direction for facebook (e.g. xd_receiver.htm) and your plugin working with FBlogin.

Would you explain please?

FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Sep 22 '11
Thanx for your Test.... i scanning my home Network and look in Router protocol for any possible to facebook an merge that with friends.

My ask for the plugin from oxwall.org comes from the seeing differences in the Fbconnect-Login-Window.
I have on oxwall.org an other URI Line as on my side.
That was the reason for my ask for that

Thanx for Test, thx for support
greets from germany
FaceTester
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Sep 22 '11
So.. i testet an new Login at http://oxwall.gibts.ch/ and it works ! same as here on oxwall.org, and there must be another FBconnector working.

When i look in URL of the fbconnect-login-window (look picture message#7)
i see here oxwall.org and oxwall.gibts.ch that there three differences to my fbconnec-login-window is.

in the URL is by my side " fbconnect_xd_receiver.htm " and at oxwall and gibts.ch is " xd_receiver.htm ".

In this case i ask for the complete plugin from oxwall.org (you remender that i explain you for what i will this)

Now here in this Forum at other Topic is the same login problem (red message)
and i cant login there, i see the red message too.
I look there in fbconnect-login-window and i see the same " fbconnect_xd_receiver.htm " that also on my side is.

I ask another time, can you give me the complete fbconnect-plugin (is only zip the ow_plugins/fbconnect) from oxwall.org that i can install this on my side to look and verify the login procedure.

or if anywhere an archive to download an older version of oxwall that i obtained an other fbconnect-plugin that maybe working.

huuii...hope my english is not toooooo bad for misunderstanding. what i mean

greets
FaceTester

EDIT: fbconnect-plugin from oxwall Version 1.0.3 do not work, even though the fb-login-window now have the same URI (no differences).

is better i sleep another night.

see you
FaceTester

The Forum post is edited by FaceTester Sep 22 '11
Den Team
Den Sep 23 '11
Were did you find xd_receiver.html? This file is used by Contact importer plugin only (as our dev guy said me) and not by fbconnect. 
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Sep 23 '11
My info of that comes from the URI Line in the fb-login-window (see pic message#7).
Thats all Information about that, but after grep in code i found it in the init.php

grep -nri 'xd_receiver.htm' *

Original from oxwall-1.2.4 (Downloadpackage)
/ow_plugins/fbconnect/init.php: Line 48
:OW::getRouter()->addRoute(new OW_Route('fbconnect_xd_receiver', 'fbconnect_xd_receiver.htm', 'FBCONNECT_CTRL_Connect', 'xdReceiver'));

from the fbconnect Plugin Version 1.0.3 after internal update from 3060 to 3217
ow_plugins/fbconnect/init.php: Line 48
:OW::getRouter()->addRoute(new OW_Route('fbconnect_xd_receiver', 'xd_receiver.htm', 'FBCONNECT_CTRL_Connect', 'xdReceiver'));

I think i make a video to understand what i mean and where my asking of differences comes.

greets
FaceTester
The Forum post is edited by FaceTester Sep 23 '11