We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Issue while updating to 1.6- Closed | Forum

Chris Abram
Chris Abram Jan 9 '14
I just installed the update using the automatic update link from my admin page. After the update my site is gone and I am left with the following, please help.

OW Debug - ExceptionMessage:Can't find master page `'.mobile_html_document.'` !File:/home/youknow1/public_html/ow_core/theme_manager.phpLine:236Trace:#0 /home/youknow1/public_html/ow_core/mobile_application.php(365): OW_ThemeManager->getMasterPageTemplate('mobile_html_doc...') #1 /home/youknow1/public_html/ow_core/mobile_application.php(170): OW_MobileApplication->newDocument() #2 /home/youknow1/public_html/index.php(43): OW_MobileApplication->init() #3 {main}Type:InvalidArgumentException

ross Team
ross Jan 13 '14
Swaroop, please post your errors here. 
Swaroop Reddy
Swaroop Reddy Jan 13 '14

OW Debug - Exception

Message:Class ADS_CMP_SidebarAds does not existFile:/home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.phpLine:207Trace:#0 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(207): ReflectionClass->__construct('ADS_CMP_Sidebar...') #1 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(92): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->checkComponent('ADS_CMP_Sidebar...') #2 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/components/sidebar.php(107): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->setContentComponentClass('ADS_CMP_Sidebar...') #3 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_smarty/template_c/ec16aaf0e237a7d08aaf874102eaf372fc10ab30.file.sidebar.html.php(39): BASE_CMP_Sidebar->tplComponent(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #4 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_libraries/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(180): content_52d021920adaf9_22010806(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #5 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_core/view_renderer.php(101): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/home/qiggocom/...') #6 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_core/renderable.php(263): OW_ViewRenderer->renderTemplate('/home/qiggocom/...') #7 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_core/component.php(80): OW_Renderable->render() #8 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/components/sidebar.php(96): OW_Component->render() #9 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_smarty/plugin/function.component.php(45): BASE_CMP_Sidebar->render() #10 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_smarty/template_c/38b46298367dfe04bcb19dfe2f01951dac68a76c.file.general.html.php(65): smarty_function_component(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #11 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_libraries/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(180): content_52d021916ba0a2_48287114(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #12 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_core/view_renderer.php(101): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/home/qiggocom/...') #13 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_core/renderable.php(263): OW_ViewRenderer->renderTemplate('/home/qiggocom/...') #14 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_core/html_document.php(606): OW_Renderable->render() #15 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_core/response.php(181): OW_HtmlDocument->render() #16 /home/qiggocom/public_html/ow_core/application.php(442): OW_Response->respond() #17 /home/qiggocom/public_html/index.php(83): OW_Application->returnResponse() #18 {main}Type:ReflectionException
Swaroop Reddy
Swaroop Reddy Jan 13 '14
Ross please help...
Swaroop Reddy
Swaroop Reddy Jan 13 '14
Right Steve. My website was good running but is down since 9th Jan, 2014 after I upgraded to 1.6. 
Wilson
Wilson Jan 13 '14

Don’t update any plugins as they have issues if you’re NOT running 1.6 version. Read around in the forum and see what others are talking about when it comes to updating to 1.6 version.

I would not update to 1.6 for at least 6 months, this way it will give them time to work all the bugs out…hopefully work them out! Back everything up!

Wilson.

Ps. I have NOT updated anything yet and don’t plan on it for some time as my site runs well. I have backed up my plugins that I’m running on my site. Here’s a list of what I have backed up!

plugins installed:
ajaxim
back2top
birthdays
blogs
cloudflare
contact_importer
contactus
event
fbconnect
forum
friends
gradio
groups
ifiles (paid)
links
mailbox
newsfeed
notifications
photo
privacy
slideshow
uavatars
video
virtual_gifts
watchdog
Swaroop Reddy
Swaroop Reddy Jan 13 '14
Wilson,  

Could you help me solving my issue?

Wilson
Wilson Jan 13 '14

Hey Swaroop Reddy

I would contact your hosting company where you have your site. They should be able to restore your website and its database to its previous condition before you tried the update to 1.6 version. Don’t update any plugins as they have issues if you’re NOT running 1.6 version. Read around in the forum and see what others are talking about when it comes to updating to 1.6 version.

I would not update to 1.6 for at least 6 months, this way it will give them time to work all the bugs out…hopefully work them out! Back everything up! If you don’t know how then ask your hosting company, they will show you the way!

If you need more detailed information on this issue, please feel free to ask and I will do my best in helping.

Wilson

PS, Go to this first question in this forum and click edit, then take the word [Answered] out of your topic as this has NOT been solved for you yet.

The Forum post is edited by Wilson Jan 13 '14
Chris Abram
Chris Abram Jan 14 '14
I asked for help a week ago, no one has replied to my request, my post is 9 post above this one. I have emailed two team members and oxwall support, I have received no help.
Swaroop Reddy
Swaroop Reddy Jan 14 '14
Chris,

I am facing the similar issues here. My website is down since one week. And I think it is same case even with the rest of the oxwall users. Let's give some time to the oxwall team to work on the issues. And in the interim, let's restore the backup and run our websites. Thanks for your suggestion Wilson.

-Swaroop

Wilson
Wilson Jan 14 '14
Hey Chris Abram,

Well help is not guaranteed here Chris, they do state that somewhere. Its like taboo to help I don't get it!

I did a fresh install last night in a different folder using version 1.5.3, did not use any other plugins but what was in the package. I used the original default them, everything looked fine! I saw the update links for 1.6 and many plugin notifications. I click on the 1.6 update first and everything went smooth. Page refreshed and I was now running 1.6 version. Looked at my test site and not much changed. Then I went back to admin and started to update each plugin one by one. After that everything worked fine. I dragged the “Mobile Version” link from “hidden” to “Bottom Menu” as shown in my photo.

It’s all working right but I have not added any other plugins yet (going to test that later today) however many that have comment about its limited use are correct. I have listed the limited features it has below.

Users (Lastst, Online tabs)
Newsfeed (Shows all users post)
Photo (Shows all users photo post)
you can add photos
you can view users profile

And that’s about it. The mobile version does work but is very limited for now….so I would try a new install and maybe follow my steps to see if you get the same results as I did. It may be things you have done to your version now that is conflicting with updating without errors.

Oh also you have to see if your "Theme" has been updated to 1.6 as I had to look for my theme in the store. I saw they updated it too and download it. But I had to go into my CPanel and under ox_themes folder I deleted my current theme, then uploaded the new one and it worked fine.

Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Jan 14 '14
Attachments:
  mobile1.jpg (112.88Kb)
  mob2.jpg (41.44Kb)
Pete
Pete Jan 17 '14

Look guys you were told to back up your website before this update

Pete
Pete Jan 17 '14
I would advise anybody doing this update to first back up your website DB and download all your oxwall files and folders. I would advice you to deactivate all your plugins and change theme to the main theme in oxwall which is the same has this one oxwall use.and then do the update for 1.6.
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jan 17 '14
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jan 18 '14

I have upgraded to 1.6 just to make sure.  I did not experience any of the problems that I have been reading about here (at least not yet).  I apologize for over reacting to the many problems that I have read about and still feel they may have been avoidable with better documentation regarding first disabling all plugins before updating the core.

I am voluntarily deleting a lot of my previous postings here as I was mistaken though I still believe that an open beta for a longer period would have been a better way to go.

Steve Winter 

Wilson
Wilson Jan 18 '14
Glad everything went well for you Steve Winter. It will get better too.

Wilson
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Jan 19 '14
Steve glad it worked out for u.

ross Team
ross Jan 20 '14
Swaroop, Wilson, 

Please provide the errors which persist on your websites.

Swaroop Reddy
Swaroop Reddy Jan 21 '14
Ross,

I am back to my 1.5.3, facing no issues now.

Swaroop Reddy
Swaroop Reddy Jan 21 '14
Quote from Steve Winter

I have upgraded to 1.6 just to make sure.  I did not experience any of the problems that I have been reading about here (at least not yet).  I apologize for over reacting to the many problems that I have read about and still feel they may have been avoidable with better documentation regarding first disabling all plugins before updating the core.

I am voluntarily deleting a lot of my previous postings here as I was mistaken though I still believe that an open beta for a longer period would have been a better way to go.

Steve Winter 

Steve,

"Disabling" the plugins = Is that "deactivating" the plugins or "uninstalling" the plugins? Please clarify. 

Regards,

Swaroop

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jan 21 '14
Quote from Swaroop Reddy Steve, "Disabling" the plugins = Is that "deactivating" the plugins or "uninstalling" the plugins? Please clarify. 

Deactivating.  Do not uninstall unless you don't want them.  Also make sure that the plugins are said to be compatible with 1,6 or have updates pending.  Do not update any plugin before updating the core.   Then activate the plugins one at a time and then update.  Then test your site.  Also probably want to go into maintenance mode first.

Don't do any of this before backing up your home dir and your database.   

Steve

Pages: « 1 2 3 »