We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What do you think about Oxwall 1.6? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Dave S
Dave S Jan 8 '14
I just tested Oxwall mobile, and i love it, but it's missing a few things like Mailbox, Join, Dashboard, Members, Videos, Events, Groups and Blogs.
The Forum post is edited by Dave S Jan 8 '14
Joseph
Joseph Jan 8 '14
yeah and it seems we can no longer customize group pages which is total bs I had spent endless hours modding the groups plugin for what I wanted and while I do have a backup it just means its gonna be pointless in mobile
Joseph
Joseph Jan 8 '14
yeah took em a year to get it out and still has the most basic of functions 
Abbey
Abbey Jan 8 '14
I haven't updated my site yet, from the sounds of it it's not worth it
Michel
Michel Jan 9 '14
At this point the mobile website is pointless its like having a car with 2 wheels they should released the mobile version when they were done with the most important plugins like forum,join dashboard,mailbox etc..  all by all i like the layout of it but there's no point having it right now  my forum and event page are the most important stuff on my website since im a supported events fansite by a game :-)

Also i expected a lot more like smileys etc..
The Forum post is edited by Michel Jan 9 '14
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Jan 9 '14
 Cannot use mobile version to join? No videos, no dashboard etc? If all you guys are saying is true, then what is so significant about this version?
Donamix
Donamix Jan 9 '14
Not yet available to download in my admin panel!
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Jan 9 '14
Mine too
Pete
Pete Jan 9 '14
I think its a bit silly people can`t join using mobile and cant access  messages ,but oxwall did state this mobile would be very limited to start with.
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 9 '14
i agree with you all however oxwall have worked hard on it and the features in the mobile site at the minute and the layout of it is amazing i hope they bring some features out within the next few week 
TimoViBritannia
TimoViBritannia Jan 9 '14
I Think it is very good. But its hard to translate the Mobile Page
Pete
Pete Jan 9 '14
It well get better over the next few month ,its a good start for 2014 for oxwall ,
David A
David A Jan 9 '14
I have not upgraded it yet-  it looks like they put out a foundation to build on.  There has been some talk about what the upgrade does not do- I am curious what it does. From the release notes here,http://blog.oxwall.org/...january-8-beta-today
 it looks like it

-Allows viewing, posting (including uploading pictures) to the oxwall newsfeed.
-Allows members to view profile pages.

People have said it is amazing.... I am curious how.

And it does not work with the dashboard?  Do you mean administrative dashboard or member dashboard feed?

What about notifications?

I too am pretty reliant on the groups and forums.  I have hopes for mobile access to those areas soon. But, if users are able to see activity from a mobile, it will hopefully encourage them to log into their groups when they see activity in the newsfeed.

Thanks to everyone at oxwall as well as the beta testers.

-

From the looks of it, it looks like

I am hearing alot about what it does not do. I am wondering if folks can talk a little about what it does do.
Pete
Pete Jan 9 '14
Can someone please post a demo ?
Joseph
Joseph Jan 9 '14
wickednation.net has been upgraded successfully if you would like to demo
Dave S
Dave S Jan 9 '14
Antonio, you posted in wrong topic, please move them to Bug reports and troubleshooting. Thank you.
Dave S
Dave S Jan 9 '14
Chris, I didn't try this, but I guess you need to go to /admin/pages/manage > Edit "Mobile Version" > Uncheck "Guest/Registered Members" and then hide "Mobile Version". 
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 9 '14
it would still redirect when accessing on mobile 
Georges Parizeau
Georges Parizeau Jan 9 '14
My site as been down for the last 3 days And I do not have a clue how to fix the proplem.

I do not have any access to the admin panel. I can only see de maintenance message !

:(

ed claassen
ed claassen Jan 9 '14

i tried the update it but menu doesn't work en set it back to 1.5.

tomarrow i try a new setup from the beginning, maybe there is one of my many plugins not stable with 1.6, and i can't dissapoint my

1500 people on the site.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »