We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem with some plugins | Forum

Dantes
Dantes Jul 18 '11
Hi there guys
im having a problem installing a few plugins
i dont know what i do wrong but i use the same method in every single plugin in my page BUT i fail in some
virtual gifts and advertisement is not working
it kinda show is installed but dont let me do nothing AND dont display nothing on the website either
i attach a pic so you can see what i mean
ALSO i make a mistake hiding tinychat using no name at all in the description area where it goes "CHAT" (then i can show it on the menu)
and now i try to put it a name on it and send me error every time
i deleted
deactivated unisnstall...i dont know what else to do
PLEASE HELP!
(in tiny where i can put the name of the menu page i try something and apeear this
Fatal error: Call to a member function setValue() on a non-object in /home/mundohot/public_html/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/pages_edit_plugin.php on line 75 )
thanks
Attachments:
  virtual-gift-not-working.png (354.51Kb)
Dantes
Dantes Jul 18 '11
i just chek another problem
i just get adsense in my site and it seems to have some big problems with oxwall sites
the advertise shows ok BUT any time someone need to send a private message the screen turns darker but dialog box dosnt show so never can send the message
i experiment the same when i install the code in customize and try to open the config panel of one block ...and darker screen but no luck either
thanks!
Den Team
Den Jul 19 '11
Would you provide us with URL to your site?
Dantes
Dantes Jul 19 '11
www.mundohot.cl
user test
pass test if you want to go inside
hope you can help me!
Den Team
Den Jul 19 '11
Ok, it seems that there are some problems with langs. Would you PM with your admin/ftp details? Also, please, point a list of plugins which you installed incorrectly.
Thank you
Dantes
Dantes Jul 19 '11
yep...you said it! is my translation.....
i put my site on english and looks like it works
now i have to edit manually the language keys to show me that on spanish version
great!!!!
i did it and it works...now im goin to test it ,)
thanks a lot for the tip!
(still have problems with tiny like i said up)
Dantes
Dantes Jul 19 '11
and doing some test gift works good BUT! i send some private gifts and nothing happend...
(i send it to other user i manage)
what can it be?
Dantes
Dantes Jul 19 '11
(i get the gifts in my email notification but i can see it in my profile...is that normal?)
Anthony
Anthony Jul 19 '11
Dantes, please be aware that the forum has an "Edit" button where you can modify your post and avoid making so many posts. Addenster will help you as soon as he logs on.
Dantes
Dantes Jul 19 '11
like i said i already fix the problema anthony and was some updates on the situation nothing else...i dont want to mix it with first impression ;)
still have issues with tiny
Anthony
Anthony Jul 19 '11
Three updates are not necessary in the same hour. As I stated, just a helpful hint.
Aaron
Aaron Jul 19 '11
Hi there mate. I do not know what the problems are but these guys are not robot. They can not give you their attention every two seconds.

It pays to wait like everyone else has too.

'Just saying. :)
Dantes
Dantes Jul 19 '11
damn you guys! i was typing like a chat
my brain works as fast as my finger
and it wasnt in the same hour was in the same minute
it was not a call for atention...like i said I SOLVE THE PROBLEM! so i was updating my progress ¬¬
jus saying :P
Ashok Leader
Ashok Jul 19 '11
>Dantes, please be aware that the forum has an "Edit" button where you can modify your post and avoid making so many posts. Addenster will help you as soon as he logs on.

Anthony, You are right ! The poster can edit the posts like ....
>>edited my post as I mistyped the name as Dantes<<

---------------
Recent post : I need some help with 'X' . Could you help me

Update : I got another problem
I found 'Y' is conflicting with 'Z' and causing problem. I hope some one would help me

Update 2: I could able to resolve the issue with 'X' . But the issue 'Y' is still persisting

---------------

In this way, you can deal with the frequent updates. We can leave the original post as is and make the updates where ever necessary
The Forum post is edited by Ashok Jul 20 '11
Dantes
Dantes Jul 19 '11
i just press the button and post it doble...then was 2 other updates...nobody was helpfull in what still need help and only give me tips than i alredy know BUT in my criteria was not need to do it in other way
Anthony
Anthony Jul 19 '11
Point being, just use the edit button and you can make as many "updates" as you please. This does not require nor ask for a reply/response.
Aaron
Aaron Jul 19 '11
It's recommended you insert as much information first time round than having to insert information again and again.
Ashok Leader
Ashok Jul 20 '11
Dantes,

Don't worry ! I can help you with this. Currently the site is loading slow here, so will get back to you when I able to look at it
The Forum post is edited by Ashok Jul 20 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 20 '11
One point to be aware of when editing posts.
The thread flow is broken. If checking for an update it is usually good to check the last posts on the topic, NOT to have to read through the entire thread just to check to see if anyone has edited.
Point here is the last thread tells me it was 5 hours ago. The one above it yesterday but further up a post by Ashok was posted yesterday BUT edited 5 hours ago. So the update for this thread is only seen if I re-read ALL the topics to check if people haven't updated their post.

What Dantes could have done is to first check to see if anyone had responded. If not THEN edit his post but as soon as there is another post after his he should respond with a fresh post. Going back and editing old posts may get missed.

Honestly, I don't see a problem either way as long as editing posts after someone has responded hasn't taken place. All info in one post or lots of tiny posts, it will all be the same reading. I just assumed it was Dantes updating as he found problems, like showing us his train of thought. (I have been guilty of this also)

Also, a simple pvt message to the person explaining this instead of a redirection within the user's forum post would be better suited.

Just saying... My opinions only. Not always right.
Just want peace and harmony in the world.

Dantes
Dantes Jul 20 '11
well thats exactly my point...i think is useless to edit a post if i found new information
for example...i read topics every 2 mins to see if someone post it something
what happens if one of the user see already my post???
if i edit the post and add new info and someone try to chek the post and same amount of reply in the post?
thats means no one has response so i dont even take a look to the post
but if the number of reply was 3...but i take a look again and is 4 or 5...so..there is something new to chek
why i dont PM addenster??? becouse when he said i have a lang problem i edit all langs entry and EVERYTHING WORKS!
so no need to pm or nothing BUT i found a couple of funny things like i cant see a private gifts (i can chek it when email update cames...but what happend if i dont have that installed??)
AND i still have a problem with one thing
TYNI CHAT
in tiny where i can put the name of the menu page i try something and apeear this
Fatal error: Call to a member function setValue() on a non-object in /home/mundohot/public_html/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/pages_edit_plugin.php on line 75
context....
i edit once the menu and put it blank...so i can put a name on the menu again lika "chat"
i hope my point is clear now
BR.