We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cron Daemon | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Donamix
Donamix Jan 19 '14
What does this mean?

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in <b>/home/name/public_html/name/ow_core/example.php</b> on line <b>109</b><br />

The Forum post is edited by Donamix Jan 19 '14
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Jan 19 '14
If I had to guess. One of your plugins is taking to long to run when cron is activated. I would need more information to be able to help you. Have you enabled site errors reporting? 
Donamix
Donamix Jan 19 '14
Nope, i havn't enabled anything i'm just getting these cron report always
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Jan 19 '14
OK. Go to ow_includes/config.php

Look for define('OW_DEBUG_MODE',false);

Change to define('OW_DEBUG_MODE',true);

Now load a few different pages and look for error messages that pop up. Ignore Notices. We need the Errors. 

If no errors pop up. Then Turn off one Plugin at a time till you fined the one timing out.. 

The Forum post is edited by MarkieMark67 Jan 19 '14
dave Leader
dave Jan 19 '14
I would imagine this is your watchdog doing this, i had the same issue until i deactivated watchdog awhile back.
Donamix
Donamix Jan 20 '14
Quote from dave I would imagine this is your watchdog doing this, i had the same issue until i deactivated watchdog awhile back.

I don't even use 
watchdog, i tried it last year it was useless.
dave Leader
dave Jan 20 '14
Ok, well then it may be something just temporary as well. Is this an ongoing issue or just one time.  Could be some connection that was down temporarily.   Also if you are not using watch dog and you have it uninstalled, then i would just drop the watch dog table as well, it is huge and makes for a troublesome restore if you need to some day.
Donamix
Donamix Jan 20 '14
Yea, i don't really use it,

But it's always on the AVAILABLE PLUGINS Page,

It's not a third party plug in, am i right?

Donamix
Donamix Jan 20 '14
I really need to get rid of Unused tables, as i have been working on my mobile application for Android and iOS, for my oxwall powered site, my mobile app is reading videos / Music from My database as well, so i had to create table for that too, good to hear from you that Watchdog is huge, how can i get rid of it's table?
The Forum post is edited by Donamix Jan 20 '14
dave Leader
dave Jan 20 '14

Yes it is a core issued plugin, but you can uninstall it.  I do believe that you have to activate it first in order to see the uninstall link.  Then click the uninstall link, then you can leave the folders if they are still there they are no problem, just go into your db and the table is down on the bottom of the list just drop the watchdog table. 

It will not be recreated unless you activate the plugin again one day but i dont recall if it recreates the table or not, you may have to put the table back from a backup if you want to activate it, i just dont remember.  But if your never going to use it then your ok..   But i am running two sites without it so i know it can be done..

Good luck..