We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Features Not Working [Urgent] | Forum

Anthony
Anthony Jul 28 '11
When I click in the status update box, I can't submit it. I can't connect with facebook. I can't customize pages. Last time, this was a problem with 'Newsfeed' plugin. But I just tried to unistall it and reinstall it. What do I do?

http://public.socialforever.net
The Forum post is edited by Anthony Jul 30 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 28 '11
I checked fbconnect on my development site and it works fine for me. On your site I cannot join using facebook!

Just confirming...
Rafael
Rafael Jul 28 '11
having the same problem with customizing pages.
Anthony
Anthony Jul 28 '11
Michael, I know. That's one of many problems I am having at the moment. You think the upgrade could fix this somehow and maybe push out any dust in the wires?
Anthony
Anthony Jul 28 '11
Leo, facebook connect is NOT the only thing that is not working in the site. I can't even type in a field and submit it because the button doesn't popup.
Anthony
Anthony Jul 28 '11
I am on Google Chrome. I have tried it on Google Chrome, and Firefox on two different computers.
Rafael
Rafael Jul 28 '11
hey leo. im having a problem with css on my site. i am not able to fix this nor customize pages. www.mysubstation.com
Anthony
Anthony Jul 28 '11
Mine isnt a CSS problem
Rafael
Rafael Jul 28 '11
i understand that, but we both suffer the fact we can customize our pages. and i believe that the css falls in the same boat
Rafael
Rafael Jul 28 '11
cant
Anthony
Anthony Jul 28 '11
I also have several other issues with my website including JavaScript failing. Let's just wait for help..
Rafael
Rafael Jul 28 '11
i agree.
Den Team
Den Jul 29 '11
@Anthony
You have javascript error on your site:

OwForm is not defined
[Break On This Error] form = new OwForm("form-156901", "ajax-sign-in");

Did you update or customize anything on your site?
Den Team
Den Jul 29 '11
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Anthony
Anthony Jul 29 '11

Quote from Addenster @Anthony
You have javascript error on your site:

OwForm is not defined
[Break On This Error] form = new OwForm("form-156901", "ajax-sign-in");

Did you update or customize anything on your site?
Well, I attempted to update to 1.2 myself and it messed up from step one. I simply unzipped the files and it crashed instantly. I was told to restore it back to the last and most recent time. So, I did that and it did this. Should I go ahead and update my system so it can flush out the problem or will you need to access my cPanel? Both are not a problem.
Anthony
Anthony Jul 30 '11
My host just informed me this:

OwForm is not defined
[Break On This Error] form = new OwForm("form-357344", "std-sign-in"); 

OW_FB is not defined
Den Team
Den Aug 1 '11
As I see error has gone. How did you fix it? :)
Anthony
Anthony Aug 1 '11
Upgrade to 1.2.1 :) Now I only problems with hovering over content and it doesnt show it. Like hovering over the instant chat when no friends are on, it's suppose to say 'No friends are online' but it doesnt show anything.
Den Team
Den Aug 1 '11
Did you update theme?
Anthony
Anthony Aug 1 '11

Quote from Addenster Did you update theme?
I just deleted the theme file and redownloaded and put it into the themes folder and re-added my CSS. The problem still persists.