We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

admin+plugin_update_request_error | Forum

Michael Leader
Michael Sep 30 '10
Trying to update the plugins after B4 (that oxwall fixed, woohoo, ty)
but cant.

See image attached
Attachments:
  error.jpg (30.47Kb)
John
John Sep 30 '10
This is the same error I got and am still getting after I did the Database query.
Michael Leader
Michael Oct 2 '10
This error seems to hinder me being able to update the plugins,
Den Team
Den Oct 4 '10
Would you try it again?
We have released beta5 on last Friday. So, please, at first, update your Core platform to Beta5 and then try to update your plugins. This is very important.
Michael Leader
Michael Oct 4 '10
would this stop my site from updating the forums plugin... My admin page wont let me do much until I update this plugin.
It did a couple but hangs on this one with the error

Fatal error: Class 'OW' not found in /home/shutte28/public_html/ow_plugins/forum/update/2405/update.php on line 3

The update.php looks like this:
< ? php (i edited this so the code will show...)

$path = OW::getPluginManager()->getPlugin('forum')->getRootDir() . 'langs.zip';
BOL_LanguageService::getInstance()->importPrefixFromZip($path, 'forum');

BOL_LanguageService::getInstance()->generateCacheForAllActiveLanguages();

So I need a B5 upgrade first?
The Forum post is edited by Michael Oct 4 '10
Den Team
Den Oct 4 '10
Did you try to update forum before update core to Beta5?
The Forum post is edited by Den Oct 4 '10
Michael Leader
Michael Oct 4 '10
Updated to B5
(auto update would not work, did manual)

I was able to update SOME plugins but when I get to a couple I get this error

[i]
OW Debug - Warning
File: /home/acc/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.php
Line: 696
OW Debug - Warning
Message: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: /home/acc/public_html/ow_pluginfiles/admin/languages/import/friends/language_en/friends.xml:1: parser error : Document is empty
Line: 738
OW Debug - Warning
Message: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]:
OW Debug - Warning
Message: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: ^
OW Debug - Warning
Message: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: /home/acc/public_html/ow_pluginfiles/admin/languages/import/friends/language_en/friends.xml:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '

Site then became unstable so I had to restore to a pre B5 update redo the manual update.
Now in the admin panel, it is waiting for me to update a plugin db but it won't go because of the error...[/i]
The Forum post is edited by Den Oct 5 '10
Den Team
Den Oct 5 '10
We will look manual update pack again. Thanks for report.

I have some questions to you:

1) Why auto update do not work for you? Did you get any errors with it?

2) Did you try to update some plugins with auto updates or some thing else?

3)
Quote from Michael

Site then became unstable so I had to restore to a pre B5 update redo the manual update.

What do you mean under unstable? Would you give more details please?

Thank you!
The Forum post is edited by Den Oct 5 '10
Michael Leader
Michael Oct 5 '10
For some reason the site admin will not progress untill the plugin db updates have been completed so while they are in error I cannot do anything. I did see a core update but am unsure if it was successful. I did not get any errors with the auto update.
I was trying to update some plugins automatically... which you warned me to do a B5 upgrade before which I attempted. The upgarde went, the ow_updates page did what it had to but in admin there are some plugins waiting to be updated and when I try i get the error above.

The site became unstable when I tried to remove the plugin reference in the db to progress the site cos I thought it was 1 plugin causing the issue... Removing the plugin reference caused the main site to error loads, not show theme, error reports all over the place.
Blame the instability on me tinkering trying to progress the site, it was not because of the update. I was able to recover the site to a pre upgrade state from a backup and reapply the B5 update. I am not waiting for a resolution to the above error.

I still need to do a B2 install and try the auto upgrade for you as a test. Just cant find the time. I fell off ladders today running a network in! DOH!!!
Den Team
Den Oct 6 '10
So, now your site is OK? What version do you have now?
As I understood, you get plugin waiting for update after you auto updated core to beta5? What plugin it was?
Michael Leader
Michael Oct 6 '10
No.. My site is not ok.
In admin it is waiting on a db update for the groups plugin. No other admin menu item is functional. I get the error detailled above (message 7 in this topic)
The site should be beta5 as I did a manual update.

Michael Leader
Michael Oct 11 '10
any ideas?
Den Team
Den Oct 11 '10
Please, PM me your admin details. Our dev team will look it. It seems strange that system asks you to update group's db after manual core update.
Michael Leader
Michael Oct 13 '10
did u get pm details?
Den Team
Den Oct 14 '10
Yes, I did. Please, check your PM.
John
John Oct 17 '10
I sent you my login in details for that same error.
Den Team
Den Oct 18 '10
Got it. Please, check PM
Michael Leader
Michael Oct 18 '10
lemme know when u r done so I can get back into admin and get the plugins updated
John
John Oct 18 '10
I did and replied back.

Quote from Addenster

Got it. Please, check PM

Michael Leader
Michael Oct 20 '10
i do have a dilemma. I have 11 plugins waiting for update. If I update them I will end up with a locked site and in maint. mode. I need to go into db to release maint. mode.

Rerports of making sure you use the same account for updating as original site ftp upload. I cannot be 100% sure. It can be 1 of 2, maybe 3 users. Is there ANY way round this at all. I would so like to have the updated forum and group plugins. The silence is a little scary. Don't get me wrong, I do love the support and the software but at least 2 of us have the same issue.

We need feedback... Even if you have nothing to report right now... confidence pls... :o)
Go on... you know you wanna!!! :o)
Pages: 1 2 »