We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

HOW DO I CHANGE THE HEADER IMAGE? - Darklets | Forum

Mike
Mike Feb 6 '14
I have installed OXWall at http://socialworkcommunities.com/ and I cannot edit the header image. I have a new one that I made, same size exactly but, when I try to use it, it disappears and the whole page slides up as if there is nothing there at all.

How can I change the header image? The one at the top that says "Welcome to our community website"?

EDIT: I have tried changing it using the admin panel. I tried uploading and overwriting the original using the same name but it won't change. When I change it using the admin panel is when it disappears completely. WHen I upload/overwrite the original usng FTP, nothing changes at all.

Chad Darnell
Chad Darnell Mar 10 '14
Solved here... http://your-site-name.com/admin/theme.

But it messes up the CSS, you'll need to jump in there and figure that out...
The Forum post is edited by Chad Darnell Mar 10 '14
Ulises Aguilera
Ulises Aguilera Jul 9 '14
Hi Mike, I use the same theme, and I think understand your problem...

I saw the header of your Social Network.

First of all, let me tell you, that the header of this particular them is composed of two images, one is that you let it, that says: "Welcome to our Social Work Community", and the other is hte image with "the people" you set up.

The first image is in a PNG format, important!!!, respect PNG format, otherwise happens the issue of your topic. And this image is in transparent way.

IMPORTANT!!!...

You can Upload other PNG image with a different height, try to respect the width, but if you Upload a PNG image with less, more less heigh, your can Upload the OTHER with the same heigh and get more space for the rest of your site.

The trick, is just to upload a transparent PNG image, with the height U choose, so the  "Welcome to our Social Work Community" image wont appear. And U can have a better impact design heather.

I hope be usefull... bye.
Robert Rodrigues
Robert Rodrigues Sep 26 '14
So I did as you said here and kept the same dimensions for the header image. which seems to be 318x169 and left it as a transparent png.  But it's moving the header image to the upper left of the page and moves the nav bar up and misaligns everything.  Am I missing something?
Mau
Mau Mar 16 '16

Quote from Robert Rodrigues So I did as you said here and kept the same dimensions for the header image. which seems to be 318x169 and left it as a transparent png.  But it's moving the header image to the upper left of the page and moves the nav bar up and misaligns everything.  Am I missing something?
I have the same problem is there a solution Yet? 
You do not have permission to reply this topic