We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Birthday causing error on v1.2.2 | Forum

Iheart
Iheart Aug 3 '11
I never install birthday plugin until I updated to v1.2.2.  I'm getting this error.  See attached file. Fatal error: Declaration of BIRTHDAYS_CMP_BirthdaysWidget::getData() must be compatible with that of BASE_CMP_UsersWidget::getData() in /home/username/public_html/cx/iheartsharing.com/home/ow_plugins/birthdays/components/birthdays_widget.php on line 131
Attachments:
  bday error.bmp (621.21Kb)
Iheart
Iheart Aug 3 '11
Leo, did the uninstall and reinstall.  Still getting the same error.
Dantes
Dantes Aug 3 '11
it looks like the updated module is not compatible with the core version
did you update to 1.2.2 too? before do this?
Iheart
Iheart Aug 3 '11
I fixed this issue by ftp to ow_plugins and delete the birthday folder and copy the birhtday folder from ow_v1.2.2.  I fixed the Ajax instant chat the same way.  Check out www.iheartsharing.com and see it for yourself.
The Forum post is edited by Iheart Aug 3 '11
Bruno
Bruno Aug 4 '11

Quote from Iheart I fixed this issue by ftp to ow_plugins and delete the birthday folder and copy the birhtday folder from ow_v1.2.2.  I fixed the Ajax instant chat the same way.  Check out www.iheartsharing.com and see it for yourself.
Thanks, now working :P
Anthony
Anthony Aug 4 '11
Just for a record, when this happened to me, I just stayed inside the admin panel until I could get it fixed. This happened after you made the huge upgrade to 1.2. I just upgraded all plugins, including the bithday widget and it worked again.
Den Team
Den Aug 9 '11
Always update core and all your plugins. This is very important. In other way you can get broken plugin or site.