We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Ideas that will improve this plugin - Forum Subscriptions | Forum

Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 17 '14
Greetings,

Is there a way to integrate not only the "Go back to Forums" button - which takes you back to the public main forums, but also include (side-by-side) another button that would say "Go back to Group Forums"?

I think having both would be ideal - and if a site doesn't have any groups created, the "Go back to Group Forums" button wouldn't appear until a group has been created...

Just a thought/idea - If this can be done, it would make this plugin soooo much better ;)

Another Idea just came to me...I really enjoy this plugin, but another idea that would make this plugin literally perfect is to allow the option to have a "Subscribe to Topics" feature/page.  And have a separate page for it - the exact same way you currently have the "Unsubscribe" page.  It would allow users to easily subscribe to topics by being able to select all current topics they haven't subscribed to rather than having to go to each topic individually and check mark the "Subscribe" box.

So, with that being said, When a user clicks on the "My Subscriptions" button, it would take them directly to the "Unsubscribe Selected" page like it currently does, but would have (2) buttons above that, that might say "Unsubscribe" and "Subscribe"...The "Unsubscribe" button would be active since the user is directed to that page after clicking the "My Subscriptions" button...but would give the user the option to click on the "Subscribe" button that would display all the topics that they haven't subscribed too.

Having this and the "Go back to Group Forums" button included would literally make this plugin PERFECT!  Let me know if this is possible - one would think it is, but may take some time to implement.  I hope you take these ideas into deep consideration for this plugin.

Kind Regards,

Hybrid

The Forum post is edited by Hybrid Mar 17 '14
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks for the idea Sir. I will surely see how best we can do this.
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic