We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

OXWAL PROBLEMS ON SHARED HOSTING | Forum

Jelena
Jelena Sep 15 '11
I have problems with hosting for my oxwall script.
So far i try arvix (they closed my site because some bandwith restriction).
Host for web (site is so slowwwww)
And last one hostgator (hosting with great suport)
I am still on hostgator but my website goes down when i have about 100 users online in same time.
It hapens because hostgator in sharded hosting plan have restricton on process (25).In c panel when i have about 100 users online i have about 24 -27 proces runing of index.php.
Than site is very slow and crashes every few minutes.
In hostgator suport they ask me abot some "caching plugin" for my script.
Thay said that something like that will solve my problems or upgrading to VPS servers.
So because cpanel VPS cost about 30 dollars and shared hosting 8.Something like that "caching plugin" will be great.
They said that wordpress have something like that.
Ok so will oxwall have some plugin or something else to solve that problem?Script is great but using so much resurces.
Please help me.
My social network is fast growing and i have big problems with perfomance and crasing.
Thank you

The Forum post is edited by Jelena Sep 15 '11
Den Team
Den Sep 16 '11
Hello Jelena
With 100 users online you need as minimum as VPS. The better way is setup dedicated server and tune it for best performance. But I suggest you to find out any professional sysadmin, which will setup and tune your dedicated server with optimization options (like Nginx, Memcache, eAccelerator and etc). In this way, you have to pay some money, but you will receive a lot of recourses's reserve. This is very important for avoiding of downtimes on your site.