We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

great plugin but - Video Conference | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 8 '14
great plugin but the interface for users to make new rooms is a bit over the top on user selection most of the stuff should be set in admin not when a user try to make a new chat 

the first 3 options and last one are fine but the 33 other selections are a bit over the top 

and i am dam shore there wont be many people that come to my site and try set up a room will have a clue as to how what or even why the options are even there 
VideoWhisper.com
VideoWhisper.com Sep 16 '14
Rooms include many options as setup is intended for moderators.

Regular users should access existing rooms. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 16 '14
no thats not right 

users of the  site are able to set up rooms not just moderators 

and most of the settings users should not be allowed to adjust let allone see
tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 16 '14
and untill is sorted out so users cant adjust the settings the plugin is useless to me and i cant use it
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Sep 16 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 16 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 16 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 16 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 16 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 16 '14
now your saying a site user that want to open a room should be allowed to do all that 
VideoWhisper.com
VideoWhisper.com Sep 18 '14
You can go to /admin/vwvc : VIDEO CONFERENCE - PLUGIN SETTINGS 

There you can configure who can create rooms. 

Who can create rooms? all/member list

Then there's a list where you can fill member names (your trusted moderators) that can create rooms. 

Who can create rooms?allmember list 
Member list
comma separated usernames list

tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 18 '14
that does not solve the problem that just limits who can make rooms

the problem is it let normal site users on making a room play with setting they should not be able to 
VideoWhisper.com
VideoWhisper.com Jan 13 '16
You could find a freelance developer to hide advanced options for regular users if you don't need everything to show for everybody. 

Live Streaming plugin includes some options to hide advanced settings. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 13 '16
Hire some to fix it lol

If the plugin worked better and had the right admin options then i would think about buy licance 

But how it is it pointly buying one

VideoWhisper.com
VideoWhisper.com Jan 15 '16
The plugin is provided for free including all PHP source code.
Can be downloaded from this site without any purchase and customised as needed for each project. Room setup and options in Oxwall are done by this free plugin. 

Application operation mode (free or commercial) does not affect the plugin integration or bring more features. 

Plugin is provided as is, free and open source as a starting point. 

VideoWhisper developers can also provide custom development for clients, for additional fees depending on exact requirements. Common usage improvements can be partially sponsored by VideoWhisper.

You do not have permission to reply this topic