We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

More mutual friends shown than... - Mutual Friends Widget | Forum

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jun 17 '14

Hello,

When I open a profile, there are usually MORE mutual friends shown than that the person whose profile I watch even has...!

For example: a person shows on his profile that he has 5 friends (me already included) but the "mutual friends" widget shows that we have 7 friends in common (of course me not included). That means that the "Mutual friends" widget shows 3 people more...

How can this be?

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can I have a live url where I can see this happen? It will help me to understand the issue.
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jun 18 '14

Well, I just realized that the number changes. Now the mutual friends widget shows only one person "too much". I guess it is due to pending friend requests which are counted by the widget but not counted otherwise. Or users have chosen there profile to be hidden. These are the only two reasons I can imagine.

the URL is: http://jambo-congo.net

Purusothaman Ramanujam
First reason could be possible but not the second.

I will recheck and update you.

Shaun
Shaun Jun 20 '17
I think we have the same issue.

When a friends request is made it is shown in the mutual friends widget before the the person who receives the request has decided to accept it or not.

It can be confusing.

Fabrice
Fabrice Nov 15 '17
yes, is a bug... in my site work like Shaun too...
You do not have permission to reply this topic