We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

No Build avatar button - Avatar Extreme | Forum

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jun 18 '14

Hello,

I bought, installed and loved the plugin. But now I realized that once an avatar is set, the "build avatar" button will no longer be shown. Wether I have a real photo or an avatar buil with the plugin - after having set the avatar once, I cant open the avatar builder anymore... seems like a bug to me.

Also the problem described before in the forum, of the incompatibility with Profile Cover plugin is back - at least here they do not work together. The "build avatar" link is gone when hovering over the avatar image and a click on it brings me to the Profile Cover gallery instead of changing the avatar.

Any help out there?

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jun 18 '14

And an even more disturbing bug: after installation of Avatar Extreme my automatic scrolldown in the top status bar (language selector, profile preferences, deconnection etc) no longer works. The menu simply doesnt open anymore when hovering with the mouse over it... I desactivated Avatar Extreme and now it works.

Right now the plugin (which I LOVED) is useless to me, as people would not be able to open/edit their own profile, change the language, set confidentiality rules or even disconncect from the site...

Roderick
Roderick Jun 19 '14
Hi there,

Maybe it does not work with your theme, can you give me a url so i can see your site?

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jun 19 '14

I am using Oxwall 1.6 with the standard Showcase theme (no sidebar), with little changes (image and colours).  So there really shouldn't be a problem from the theme

The URL is: http://jambo-congo.net

But presently I disabled the Build Avatar plugin. With it enable I can't use the site anymore effectively.

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jun 19 '14

I reenabled Avatar Extreme, and I narrowed down the problem : the default language of my site is French. And it does NOT work in French - even though I translated the whole plugin, every text key! It works flawlessly in ENglish, but when I switch to French the Button disappears and the drop-down-menus in the top status bar (language selector and profile prefences etc.) no longer open. So I cant even disconnect.

If I can't get it to work in French than it is useless to me, I need the site in French for my customers. With the missing button I could live and build a work-around, but the drop-down menus on top MUST work - without them the site is not navigable.

Is this language problem known? Maybe the developer can test it - just load another language and see how your plugin infects the whole site. It is really strange, because I wonder how the Avatar plugin can effect the top menu bar - but it does so :(

Martin

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jun 20 '14

I was testing a lot. I changed the french translation back to English - no success. I changed English to the default language - still didn't work with French.

Only after changing French again back to the default language, did the bugs disappear. I have no idea what caused the problems. Maybe it was a matter of of cache (server-sided?) because here on my browsers (tested on Opera and Firefox) I had emptied the cache but the problem remained. 

Well, for the moment it is fixed, I'll let you know if it reappears or if some client complains about it.

Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Jul 2 '14
why is Our box cut off via instructions and theres no save
Attachments:
  ava.PNG (72.41Kb)
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jul 3 '14
That's probably a Theme issue, the theme limits the window size I guess. So the right side of the plugin is cut off. Try another theme to know for sure.
Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Jul 3 '14
if thats the case unfort im not going to change a theme ive had for a year for a plugin ty for your help martin appreciated
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jul 4 '14

I am not the developer :) I had myself problems with Avatar Builder. With the theme its just what I imagine. I wouldn't change a theme for a plugin either. But you can ask the theme developer to have a look into it. 

The suggestion to change te theme was just to know for sure if the theme is the cause or not.

Roderick
Roderick Jul 28 '15
The update is here my friends :)
Son Le
Son Le Aug 30 '18
Avatar builder doesn't work for me? Need help!
Transgender Resource Center
I worked before but not working afterward. No support anymore? But we paid for it.
You do not have permission to reply this topic