We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Email Sending is not working!! | Forum

Abouna Andrew
Abouna Andrew Oct 13 '11
Hi Guys, I did the auto installation from CP using scriptDemo. I have the site up and running fine. I made the site private and you can register by invitation only.  From my admin site I sent few invitation as a test and no one got the email including myself. I have not done cron job or any other code modification. I even changed the smtp to my gmail (which needs authentication and there is no option for that in the admin area). I have other Joomla and wordpress installation on the same servers both are running and sending emails fine. I did a search on that topic but did not see any valid answer. Please help
Max
Max Oct 13 '11
Hi !
For send email, you must have done cronjob.
Abouna Andrew
Abouna Andrew Oct 13 '11
Hi Max,

Thanks for your help. I went to cPanel in Hostmonster.com and tried 
/ramdisk/bin/php5 -f /home5/hostchro/public_html/tasonn-org/ow_cron/run.php

AND

/ramdisk/bin/php5 -f /usr/local/bin/php /home/tasonn-org/public_html/ow_cron/run.php 

but it is not send any emails. did I do anything wrong?

The Forum post is edited by Abouna Andrew Oct 13 '11
Max
Max Oct 13 '11
Hmm
Why the /ramdisk/bin/php5 -f ?
/ramdisk/bin/php5 works only for Bluehost (I think).
If Bluehost is your hoster, try :

/ramdisk/bin/php5 /home5/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

Do you receive email with your cron ?

The cron works like this :
/path/to/php /path/to/oxwall/ow_cron/run.php
The Forum post is edited by Max Oct 13 '11
Keelan Leader
Keelan Oct 13 '11
Also check what version you have i used cpanel to install mine and it didnt install the latest version.
Abouna Andrew
Abouna Andrew Oct 13 '11
I have 1.2.4. I change the cronjob to

php -c /home/tason-org/public_html/php.ini /home/tason-org/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

Still not working.

:(
Max
Max Oct 13 '11
Path to php is not path to php.ini ^^

this : /usr/local/bin/php /home/tasonn-org/public_html/ow_cron/run.php ?
Abouna Andrew
Abouna Andrew Oct 13 '11
Hi Max,

I did change it to the below path but still no luck. I opened a ticket with Hostmonster.com

/usr/local/bin/php /home/tason-org/public_html/ow_cron/run.php
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Oct 13 '11
Hostmonster have unbelievable help-tutorials

first help include the irritation with the php.ini in cron function
(used by user with own php.ini in webspace)
https://my.hostmonster.com/cgi/help/168

The Best Help ist this video
https://my.hostmonster.com/cgi/help/cron

hope it helps and work now
greets
FaceT
The Forum post is edited by FaceTester Oct 13 '11
al mamun shaon
al mamun shaon Nov 17 '14
I use ipage hosting. Now my user are not get any email, How i can solve the problem?
ross Team
ross Nov 17 '14
If your users don't get even a confirmation e-mail after registration that means something is wrong with IPage mail server. 

it is always worth testing SMTP  using "external" mail server. For example, gmail (http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13287). 

If gmail SMTP sends out emails ok, then the issue is in your mail server's settings.

ross Team
ross Nov 18 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Nov 14 '16
Hi All,

Im not receiving emails but my cronjob works....This is what i have on my SMTP

dave Leader
dave Nov 14 '16
OK so you have nothing in your SMTP is that correct, if so then its falling back to using the php mail process.  

Are you on a dedicated or shared server?

Webster Molaudi
Hi Dave,

There are details there but its not enabled because if i delete it refused to save, so information is there but i unticked "enable"

Im on VPS
dave Leader
dave Nov 14 '16
OK just checking,  when you send an email does it show up in your mail table of the database.  It will only show up for a moment so youll have to keep refreshing the phpmyadmin page to see it.  

It shows up there before its sent, then once its sent it will go away.  

Also if you want to skip that since you are on a vps you can go to your WHM (for cpanel) and check your server mail outgoing mails, you can do a search by day or date or other kinds of searches and see if the email is listed there. 

If it is listed then it was sent and it is up to the client (ie hotmail or whatever) '

If it is not listed then go check the table to see if it shows up..

Also check your error logs ow_log and also look for the normal error log from the system itself in the root dir to see if it has any errors. 

How did you determine that your cron job works?

The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 14 '16
Webster Molaudi
How did you determine that your cron job works?

Other notifications plugins works on the site like updating users credits and so on...
dave Leader
dave Nov 14 '16
are you just trying to send to one email address or have you tried a dif client
Webster Molaudi
Hi Dave,

Someone is been using my email server to send scam / spam see below...i remember i gave one of the developer here when i had an issue with some oxwall issues unfortunately oxwall you cant see sent messages on the PM, How do i delete all this messages at once.

I remember he asked for my Cpanel details to fix  my issue i cant remember his name i was wondering why some sites blacklisted my domain cause i have 5 sites that blacklisted my domain. I just deleted the email i give to developers to fix issues i can't believe some developers can be this untrustworthy....The culprit uses : khim.leang1@gmail.com and uses my emailadmin@myvirgo.info

Received: from User (unknown [175.100.60.188]) by vps1.myvirgo.info (Postfix) with ESMTPA id 11E34892CD; Thu, 10 Nov 2016 08:12:28 +0200 (SAST) Reply-To: <khim.leang1@gmail.com> From: "Mr Khim Leang"<admin@myvirgo.info> Subject: I NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE !!! Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 13:13:09 +0700 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1251" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000 X-PPP-Message-ID: <20161110061310.11488.34410@vps1.myvirgo.info> X-PPP-Vhost: myvirgo.info
The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Nov 14 '16
dave Leader
dave Nov 14 '16
First change your cpanel password right now... Also change your email password from cpanel as well as all your ftp and smtp and other email passwords via cpanel.  

This could have come from the contact page we dont know yet if it was actually from the inside yet, so dont jump the gun just yet.  Let us do some investigation first.  

Let me look at what you sent me more closely while you secure your server.  Make sure you dont have any server emails that are not suppose to be there.  

I will get back with you in a moment.. 

Pages: 1 2 »