We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

error loging in to my site why? | Forum

jeo
jeo Oct 15 '11
I cart and my members cart login to my site keeps saying error why is this? please sort this oxwall its chavspace.com
thanks
Keelan Leader
Keelan Oct 15 '11
Your site is in maintenance please turn this off so we can test this.

FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Oct 15 '11
to turn the Maintenance-Mod Off, use

http://chavspace.com/sign-in

The Admin can now login and can stop the maintenance mode
jeo
jeo Oct 15 '11
yes it in maintenance now but this morning it was saying error then i ended up losing my whole site so i had to remake the site from scratch so oxwall you need to get rid of these bad bugs because iv lost all my members and everything, plus out of my cpanel  why did that happen? Now i cart seam how to work out to use the dater importer it keep saying i need to import some sort of zip file! please help out?
Keelan Leader
Keelan Oct 15 '11
You need to read some documentation, before you jump in. To use the data importer you must first have extracted that data use the exporter. 

You cannot complain about bugs if you don't let people see them. I have installed multiple instances of OxWall on their suggested hosts and i haven't had any major issues, mostly human errors on my behalf.

But for people to test these bugs and errors you are talking about you must show us all so the OxWall developers can fix these bugs, otherwise they wont be able to fix such bugs if they have no examples or details.
jeo
jeo Oct 15 '11
ok but iv already got the dater importer installed as a plugin but when i try to download the back up on plugin settings but it show me this thats on the screen shoot iv took have a look at the attached files?

So can you please tell me ware i can get the zip file to back up my site? thanks
Attachments:
  date.png (14.02Kb)
Keelan Leader
Keelan Oct 15 '11
The zip is the backup you took with the exporter plugin, if you took one. If you are trying to backup your site you need the exporter.

jeo
jeo Oct 15 '11
thanks i had the rong one lol wats the date importer for then?
Keelan Leader
Keelan Oct 15 '11
For when you want to use the backup to restore it. Importer = Rertores the back up you create from Exporter = Backup.