We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Blank Page After Login | Version 1.6.0 | Forum

Wilson
Wilson Jul 31 '14
Ok, well I’ve had this version 1.6.0 installed since Jan 2014 and everything was working just fine. Then yesterday I was going to start working on it again when I found some kind of bug going on. Now this is on Arvixe hosting and I’ve had good service so far, but I don’t know what’s going on now. I have it set to “private” view but did try it in “open” view  with the same results.

When you login, the screen goes blank (white) , so I have to “refresh” the page then it goes to the “Main” page of the script. This happens all through the process of the script, even in the “Admin” area and even when you “logout” the site goes blank.

I don’t know what’s going on but do need help on this issue?

Please see attachments.

Wilson

PS. When I put it in define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', true); the site works fine, soon as I change it back to "FALSE" it stops working right and goes back to "blank"...?

THE define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false); is set now to "false".
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Aug 1 '14
Attachments:
  login.jpg (36.37Kb)
  re-fresh.jpg (40.27Kb)
  into-site.jpg (112.63Kb)
  after-login.jpg (11.75Kb)
Wilson
Wilson Aug 1 '14

Just checking to see if anyone has had this issue?

Wilson

Sandy Hill
Sandy Hill Aug 1 '14
I'm having the same issue this one of my oxwall sites.  All my sites are locked down private with and I only use and have access or one additional person that I communicate with.  This is very frustrating.  I was in the plugin in area and updating the plug ins and then my site is just a white I cannot even get to the admin area.

I basically is is as a locked down writing and journaling sites for myself.  I'm hoping my data is not all gone.

Wilson
Wilson Aug 1 '14

hey Sandy Hill,

hmm...I haven't updated anything and its doing it. I'm still in 1.6.0 core, plugin's and theme. I just logged in after about 3 weeks sitting idle and found this bug. I can login but the page just goes blank, then when I refresh the page them it goes to the index page.

FYI: If you update anything to 1.7 and still try to run 1.6.0 core, its not going to work and may corrupt your site. Also contact your hosting and see if you can get a 2 weeks ago back up both database and file folder, then try to re-install 1.6.0, then add that 2 week old database to it and see what you get?

Here's a link to 1.6.0 version: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/21542

Wilson

The Forum post is edited by Wilson Aug 1 '14
Wilson
Wilson Aug 3 '14
Still having issue, need help on this please? Don't want to run define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', true); all the time on my site.

Wilson
Alia Team
Alia Aug 4 '14
Wilson, to troubleshoot the issue

1. open your site using Firefox with enabled Firebug and see whether anything strange is happening within Firebug's console.

2. Check your server's error log.

3. Check all your Oxwall files from your control panel ( File manager) or any other tool that will show you when was the last time files were modified. If something was modified lately and you are sure it was not you, it is a good idea to check what exactly changed. If changes happened within ow_plugins folder, deactivate plugins that showed as being edited lately.

4. Overall, deactivate all plugins and see whether this helps.

Wilson
Wilson Aug 4 '14
hey Aliia, thanks for thanks help on this issue.

1. That would beyond my skills because I don't know what to look for in Firebug.

2. Server's error log: Here's what its saying, again not sure what to do.

[Mon Aug 04 03:13:46 2014] [error] [client ip] File does not exist: /home/domain/public_html/domainname.com/k9/ow_userfiles/plugins/base/favicon.ico
[Mon Aug 04 03:13:41 2014] [error] [client ip] File does not exist: /home/domain/public_html/domainname.com/404.shtml, referer: http://domainname.com/k9/
[Mon Aug 04 03:13:41 2014] [error] [client ip] File does not exist: /home/domain/public_html/domainname.com/k9/ow_static/plugins/base/js/jquery-2.0.3.min.map, referer: http://domainname.com/k9/
[Mon Aug 04 03:13:35 2014] [error] [client ip] File does not exist: /home/domain/public_html/domainname.com/404.shtml, referer: http://domainname.com/k9/
[Mon Aug 04 03:13:35 2014] [error] [client ip] File does not exist: /home/domain/public_html/domainname.com/k9/ow_static/themes/mydiary/images/avatar_mini_bg.png, referer: http://domainname.com/k9/

3. This site was working just fine and has been sitting idle for about 3 weeks, then when I logged in a few days ago this is happening. How can it just start doing this? I've modified a few things like "rename dashboard", "Change limit of photos", "change Remember Me to unchecked by default" and that's about it..simple things.

4. I only have "Newsfeed" plugin on. All ready tried that but still is not working.

need help,
Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Aug 4 '14
Wilson
Wilson Aug 6 '14

Still need help on this issue! Don't know what to do?

Wilson

Alia Team
Alia Aug 7 '14
Can you provide your site URL?
Wilson
Wilson Aug 7 '14
hey Aliia,

Its over, I couldn't  even login to change anything. Even in define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', true); Its like the site got worse and worse. I tired a few thing with no luck even trying to restore back to earlier date...no luck. Site went to hell, don't know why...lost all my work 3 weeks worth!

So I dumped it...going to wait and see if this is the right script to us now! So many bugs in this script to keep losing all my work! You guys should work on fixing everything in the script and listening to users here before jumping to new ideals with he script.

Every time I get close to finishing my project you guys change the core and it starts all over again trying to debug everything! I'm really pissed off now! (not at you Aliia) Lost everything on the site after sitting idle for 3 weeks! How this could happen I don't know, I was the only user!

Going to bed now!
Wilson

The Forum post is edited by Wilson Aug 7 '14
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Aug 7 '14
If you could message me I would be happy to help you get things sorted out. I work with the Arvixe liaison team to help users on arvixe get oxwall working smoothly. I am sure we can get things sorted  out so hang in there. Look forward to hearing from you. 
Wilson
Wilson Aug 7 '14
Hey OxwallAccessories,

Thanks for the help, but its ok. I have dumped all files. Just going to wait and see what I can come up with.

Wilson
Alia Team
Alia Aug 8 '14
I am sorry to hear that you stoped your Oxwall project.

In any case, thank you for your feedback.
Simone
Simone Oct 5 '16
I have the same problem too :(
ross Team
ross Oct 6 '16
Enable debug mode, check your error_logs file for errors related to the time you get the blank page. 

Check your website in firebug console when you get blank page, probably some error there. Provide us the error so we could assist you. 

Simone
Simone Oct 6 '16
Hi ross,

thank you for your help.

I have enable debug mode all the time but no errors appears on error_logs.

And firebug console shows no error, only blank page ( i've tryed it with debug mode on and off).

I've tryed also deactivate all plugins but error persist.

ross Team
ross Oct 10 '16
Can you pm me your admin and ftp access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 
Simone
Simone Oct 12 '16

Quote from ross Can you pm me your admin and ftp access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 
Hi ross, sorry it's not an Oxwall error.

I see that one plugin makes conflict.

Sorry

ross Team
ross Oct 12 '16
Oh, ok, thanks for letting us know. Please contact plugin developer to resolve the issue.