We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

left side messages site mail issue [Solved] | Forum

ross Team
ross Sep 22 '14
Alright, keep us updated. 
dave Leader
dave Sep 23 '14
Great new ross,  i logged on this morning and just as a test recleared cache and local dns cache just to be sure and spent half an hour loading the page for messages from different page points and no issue at all. 

So i think with that that we can call this done, i dont see any reason it should come back as the cron has run and no issue at all.  

So it appears the fix is to remove the span code but you can leave the symbols.   Now some of the symbols are already colored the right color due to the theme color selections so i think we dont need the span code anyway.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Sep 23 '14
ross Team
ross Sep 23 '14
Great, you panned things out Dave. 
Wilson
Wilson Jun 17 '15
dave,

1st
Could you show us what (how) the coed you used looks like?

2nd
Do we still need to put it in the admin lang area or can I leave it in the Profile Question area?

3rd
I would still like to have the these values? ex: Male <span style="color: #81BEF7; font-size:large; font-weight:bold; font-size: 25px;"> &#9794;</span> How would I do this? if possible?

Note: I tried putting this code

< span style="color: #FF00FF; font-size:large; font-weight:bold; font-size: 25px;"> &#9792;</span>
< span style="color: #81BEF7; font-size:large; font-weight:bold; font-size: 25px;"> &#9794;</span>

both in the Admin css area and the theme css file it self but could not get the size, bold and color to change

so some of the symbols are NOT colored...and not bold or sized to what I'm trying to do. It's just small (hard to see like that) and black in color...that's it!

Could use some kind pointers on this...great effect it is!

Wilson
Robert Bouman
Robert Bouman Mar 16 '18
why dont you use this?

https://www.w3schools.com/charsets/ref_utf_symbols.asp

dave Leader
dave Mar 16 '18
Just a quick note Rob, if you are using w3schools as a reference please dont, at least not yet.  When it was sold it was totally outdated, the new owners promised to update it as they could but i dont think they have done much yet.  So it is not a worthwhile reference at this time.  :)
Pages: « 1 2