We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cron Job?? | Forum

Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Apr 24 '13
Other people are having a problem with the new notification change seemingly it is to do with the 1.5.1 upgrade to 1.5.2 and not a fresh install of 1.5.2. What has happen here the cron message the it needs to be set right has made clients thinking the original url that worked fine needs to be change and as you know Michael it does not need changing. It was a software bug thus the 1.5.3 upgrade.

basically if Kaptain has changed his cron path he needs to change it back to the original.

His problem with the notifications is not due to a cron path problem. Its some other issue for sure   
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Apr 24 '13

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) kaptain is on Arvix and his cron is set correctly unless he has changed it since the upgrade. 

No I haven/t changed the cron at all..
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Apr 24 '13
It'd be best I think B4 releasing a software update to push it through a thorough QC Test, Oxwall is too quick to release b4 testing proper, we the Network owners and our valued members suffer, will be time soon to give some other Open source Social Networking scripts a run, seriously tiered of this...
Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) Other people are having a problem with the new notification change seemingly it is to do with the 1.5.1 upgrade to 1.5.2 and not a fresh install of 1.5.2. What has happen here the cron message the it needs to be set right has made clients thinking the original url that worked fine needs to be change and as you know Michael it does not need changing. It was a software bug thus the 1.5.3 upgrade.

basically if Kaptain has changed his cron path he needs to change it back to the original.

His problem with the notifications is not due to a cron path problem. Its some other issue for sure   

Bob (Coder Whacker)
As I suspected and your host is very use to Oxwall. One thing you must checkout is third party plugins you have downloaded from the oxwall store. That they have been updated to suite 1.5.3
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Apr 24 '13
Yes, theres a guy at Arvixe tech support, he knows this script in-side n out..
Bob (Coder Whacker)

Quote from Kaptain t'd be best I think B4 releasing a software update to push it through a thorough QC Test, Oxwall is too quick to release b4 testing proper, we the Network owners and our valued members suffer, will be time soon to give some other Open source Social Networking scripts a run, seriously tiered of this...

This could be the case but I have been finding problems with developers plugins not updated causing some problems to Oxwall updates. So this may not be an Oxwall administrations problem the update maybe just fine?
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Apr 24 '13
HaHa, well I do have a few plug-In's

Credits History and Transfer Credits

Minimalistic - Dark

Multi Checkout (Google, Paypal, Payza and Authorize.net)

User Credits

Referral Bonus

User Carousel

Extended Questions/Polls

Login As User

Admin Pal

Private Message Viewer

Chatrooms

Files for Groups

Admin Tools

Member Invitations

Custom Poker

File Uploads

Again, I updated all the way to the 1.5.3, other Networks I know of are having the very same issues...
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Apr 24 '13
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Could be anything that sends out an invitation and could mess with notifications? Perhaps I should update Codewhacker as it does not use many plugins to see what happens, lol I am now an expert at resurrecting it when an update makes it fall over. lol   

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Apr 24 '13
Yes, keep me informed on this please..
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Of course i hope if it falls over I can beat my 1 hour deadline to get it up and running again, lol.  
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Apr 24 '13

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) Of course i hope if it falls over I can beat my 1 hour deadline to get it up and running again, lol.  

Good luck...
Bob (Coder Whacker)
The update is not in my admin panel yet
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Apr 24 '13

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) The update is not in my admin panel yet

Can download it then do a manual I guess
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Nope I will wait for the upgrade to appear. not messing around. 
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 25 '13
Kaptain, please PM me your server FTP and Admin Panel access details - we'll check into the issue.
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Apr 25 '13
I just gave Aliia the log-in credentials and don't wish to confuse the matter w/2 different people doing 2 different things, could make things worse lol, thats all I need..

2 Brains are better than 1, so if you wish to work w/
Aliia together then great, sort of put some ideas 2Gether and brainstorm this issue, if so then your welcome to get those login credentials etc straight from Aliia, good luck if you do-so decide..
Abbey
Abbey Apr 30 '13
I spoke to my hosting and they said my cron was right and running... they showed me a screen shot.
How ever when I ran it manually all I got was 500 internal error page..... so I changed the path slightly and then ran the cron manually again and it worked, members not online were logged out and emails sent...... but it didn't fix the problem, my online users built up again and still aren't being logged out.
I tried running my cron and even with it fixed I got a 500 internal error screen the first time... yet when I tried it again it ran.

I'm finding this odd

Is the problem not the cron but a bug in 1.5.3?

The Forum post is edited by Abbey Apr 30 '13
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн May 1 '13
bug in 1.5.3,, I told ya,, I had to restore back one month to 1.5.2, all is great now, yes I lost a months worth, seemed worth it to me to have all running proper again..
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 May 1 '13
Yes 1.5.3 has something going on. I have been running a very high CPU load, and can't track it down :( ....
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн May 1 '13

Quote from MarkieMark67 Yes 1.5.3 has something going on. I have been running a very high CPU load, and can't track it down :( ....

Should be a tab at cPanel for Resource Usage Stats
Pages: « 1 2 3 »