We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

1.7.2 Join Page Error | Forum

Harry
Harry Nov 27 '14
after updating to 1.7.2, and on the join page, right after selecting the profile photo (avatar), I experience the following floatbox.  Upon closing it there is an error underneath the photo field - The image is not valid.  However it is a valid image.

attached error.

At first I thought the error may be related to the profile cover plugin (which previously interfered with changing the profile photo) but even after disabling that plugin this error remained.

The Forum post is edited by Harry Nov 27 '14
Attachments:
  join-error.jpg (63Kb)
ross Team
ross Nov 27 '14
Harold, we cannot reproduce that on the default software.
I see there's 3rd party theme on the screenshot. Can you please try to reproduce that on the default 1.7.2 compatible theme? Or on our demo.
Akash
Akash Nov 28 '14
Same problem is happening for me. I am using darklets theme. I had to remove the upload image input form join page.. I was thinking it was only me now can I see.. not only me.
Harry
Harry Nov 28 '14
I am using the facebook go theme.  I have 'guests can view site' set to 'No'.  Changing to the default theme did not cure the issue but setting 'guests can view site' to 'Yes' did resolve it.  However, it's really not useful for me to have that setting as such.
Harry
Harry Nov 28 '14
Im not willing to allow guests to view the site;  I don't think that's a viable solution here.
Harry
Harry Nov 29 '14
No, it does not let me finish the registration.  I have the settings so that guests should be directed to the sign in page but guests can still see the main page ( although can't click through anything).
Harry
Harry Nov 29 '14
But I really want to know what is causing this and what the true solution will be.  I don't think that exposing our site to guests is a good option ( especially for those sites that require approval to see any content at all ( like mine ).
Andrés
Andrés Nov 29 '14
same trouble here, im using the macabre theme, and all the plugins are updated, the only way to register is to account facebook
Silvio
Silvio Nov 29 '14
Same problem here (on a new site fresh installed today)... i use Darklets theme but also the site i've upgrade recently have the same problem....

... are the prerequisite the same also for version 1.7.2 ? i'm starting to thing there's a missing "something" :)

Harry
Harry Nov 29 '14
For now, I have allowed guests to view the site, made sure they can view as little as possible, and have made the default page the join page - but then also put a button on the join page directing to the sign in page.  The menu items from the pages page in the admin section - those I removed almost completely - I am using the menu pro plugin anyway, and so it seems to be a decent enough workaround until this is fixed.
Silvio
Silvio Nov 30 '14
the strange thing is that doesnt work just for new users.. if i go on my profile and load an image it works
JoshWho
JoshWho Nov 30 '14
For Seo Purposes it is not a bad idea to allow guest to view website. It will let all your pages get crawled by google giving your site more of a chance to be found. When you lock it to just the sign in then google will see 1 of hundreds or maybe thousands of the same login page and you will be hidden in the back.

Just my advice. Plus though is u wont have this error any more.

Harry
Harry Nov 30 '14
JoshWho, you make a very good point and I'd have no issues with the arrangement if my site weren't private and not wanting SEO.
Jenn B
Jenn B Nov 30 '14
We're using the Origin theme (withlightly modified CSS) and one of our new members has encountered this error also.
The Forum post is edited by Jenn B Nov 30 '14
ross Team
ross Dec 1 '14
Guys, this is a bug, we have passed it to our developers, we'll try to provide you with the fix or workaround asap. Thank you for your patience. 
Silvio
Silvio Dec 1 '14
@Ross tell them to hurry up because we cannot let join people to site since we upgraded it ;)

Note: feel free to tell them that if they want i've two site to check the bug they could access.. 1 new installation made 2 days ago and the one i've upgraded from the 1.6.1 that give the same problem (on 2 different server)

The Forum post is edited by Silvio Dec 1 '14
ross Team
ross Dec 1 '14
Sorry, for misleading, this is not the fix, I'll provide it later. 
MacProcess
MacProcess Dec 1 '14
There is a quick fix. Just disable the picture upload on registration page in Settings / User Settings
ross Team
ross Dec 2 '14

in /ow_system_plugins/base/classes/event_handler.php

line 822

replace this: 

public function onAddMembersOnlyException( BASE_CLASS_EventCollector $event )

{

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Join', 'action' => 'index'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Join', 'action' => 'joinFormSubmit'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Join', 'action' => 'ajaxResponder'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Captcha', 'action' => 'index'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Captcha', 'action' => 'ajaxResponder'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_User', 'action' => 'forgotPassword'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_User', 'action' => 'resetPasswordRequest'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_User', 'action' => 'resetPassword'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_User', 'action' => 'ajaxSignIn'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_ApiServer', 'action' => 'request'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Unsubscribe', 'action' => 'index'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_BaseDocument', 'action' => 'redirectToMobile'));

with this: 

public function onAddMembersOnlyException( BASE_CLASS_EventCollector $event )

{

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Join', 'action' => 'index'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Join', 'action' => 'joinFormSubmit'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Join', 'action' => 'ajaxResponder'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Captcha', 'action' => 'index'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Captcha', 'action' => 'ajaxResponder'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_User', 'action' => 'forgotPassword'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_User', 'action' => 'resetPasswordRequest'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_User', 'action' => 'resetPassword'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_User', 'action' => 'ajaxSignIn'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_ApiServer', 'action' => 'request'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Unsubscribe', 'action' => 'index'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_BaseDocument', 'action' => 'redirectToMobile'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_AjaxLoader', 'action' => 'init'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_AjaxLoader', 'action' => 'component'));

$event->add(array('controller' => 'BASE_CTRL_Avatar', 'action' => 'ajaxResponder'));

Harry
Harry Dec 2 '14
Thank you, Ross.  This worked just fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »