We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Invite not working - Events | Forum

Michael
Michael Jan 10 '15
The invite members is not working, members are not be notified how can I get support to fix this issue?
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jan 13 '15
we cannot reproduce that, what is your software version? what is your events plugin version?
is your cron properly configured?
Hybrid
Hybrid Jan 17 '15
Michael isn't alone on this issue.  I too am having this same issue.  A user creates an event - sends out invites - however, the users are not receiving the invites.  They receive the email notification just fine, just not the invite when they login...

Update:

I even tried uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling - and still nothing...

The Forum post is edited by Hybrid Jan 17 '15
Hybrid
Hybrid Jan 18 '15
Update:

After experimenting with this, it appears only the creator of the event is unable to invite friends.  They can invite, but the users do not receive the invites on the site, the users only receive email notifications.

However, if the event allows participants to invite friends, they can - AND the users do receive those invites.

So, it appears that there is an issue with the creator side of things.

Creator can invite: but those invites are not sent via the site, only via email notifications...

If participants who manually joined the event invite users, users receive both the invites and the email notifications and all works as it should.

Any update on a fix?

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jan 20 '15
I'm sorry but we cannot reproduce that. Please PM me your admin details for the website and Cpanel access for the server, I'll take a look at the issue.
Hybrid
Hybrid Jan 21 '15
No need, everything seems to have worked itself out somehow.  Invites are now being sent even from the creator of the event!

Maybe there was a hiccup on the server side of things for a few days which caused a few plugins to not work.

Anyway, it's all good now.  Thanks for your response, and if it doesn't work again, I'll let you know and send you access!

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jan 22 '15
Great. thanks for letting us know.
Ondrej Peska
Ondrej Peska Jan 27 '15
I can confirm this kind of bug. When i created public event, everything works fine with invites. When event was create as private with "event creator only invites" its sometimes broken..

Its really weird problem because it need to re-send invitations like 4 times and then it works but most of time just not!

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Feb 3 '15
We cannot reproduce that, please share your URL.
Ondrej Peska
Ondrej Peska Feb 4 '15
You can look on my website..

www.mmoportal.eu/events

Now we know where the problem is, because when you create event as private you can invite only members who are online. I mean only online invited member will receive a notification about the invitation. I tried this with my 3 friends. 100% chance on this bug on my site!

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Feb 5 '15
Ondrej, I can't reproduce that on your website.
I created two accounts, one account has created private event, one account was logged out.
1 account sent invitation, second account logged in and saw invitation.

Please provide the exact steps how to reproduce not receiving the invitation issue.

Ondrej Peska
Ondrej Peska Mar 6 '15
I created another private event a few days ago and sent 8 invites to my friends.. The result was that only 3 guys received their invites.... I give up with this! I don't know where the problem really is. :-/ Such a frustrating situation.
Michael
Michael Mar 7 '15
I agree, I'm sure you asked your friend to check their spam or junk folders ? I know did three get invite and then others did
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 11 '15
Can you please share your URLs?
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 16 '15
Michal, something is wrong with your website it is unavailable. Did you write it correctly?
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 18 '15
Michael this is Skadate software, you need to contact Skadate software support team to resolve the issue with the events invite on your website.
You do not have permission to reply this topic