We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

After todays update - Recaptcha does not function - reCAPTCHA | Forum

Brian
Brian Jan 18 '15
After update the Recaptcha does not function!

After Key entries no image appears and all menu/admin side buttons are non functional.
You must click on your websites name at top left corner and return to admin side to uninstall plugin and reinstall the #5 version instead of #8 until they fixed the problem.

The Forum post is edited by Brian Jan 18 '15
inside83
inside83 Jan 18 '15
Good thing you posted.

I will wait for the update.

jk
jk Jan 18 '15
Brian, could you provide your site url. 

I tested plugin on my demo site, but I didn't see any errors.

Jordi
Jordi Jan 19 '15
i have the same problem here
Jordi
Jordi Jan 19 '15

When hitting the join button it returns with a error

Brian
Brian Jan 19 '15
After I uninstalled the version 8 and reinstalled 5 I then performed the update and it then worked. I have not tried signin up yet, but I hope that part is functional!
Brian
Brian Jan 19 '15
I just tried it out and I get now the same error. No one can sign up until this error is fixed!<br />
<br />
The Forum post is edited by Brian Jan 19 '15
Attachments:
  image.jpg (87Kb)
inside83
inside83 Jan 19 '15
Bummer :/

BTW, Brian, whats that theme you are using on mobile?

Brian
Brian Jan 19 '15
It is proximus2 and I think it's the best responsive theme so far!
Brian
Brian Jan 19 '15
Quote from jk Brian, could you provide your site url. 

I tested plugin on my demo site, but I didn't see any errors.

Sorry... it is www.paramediacentral.com

BUT I think we ran into a different problem :)

The install works and the image shows, but it will not verify when signing up.

Brian
Brian Jan 19 '15
Thats odd...

On my mobile the recaptcha showed up and I was able to click it. It then gave a green checkmark and I thought it was done. So I clicked done for the sign up. It gave me the following error.

Then I try it on a laptop/desktop and at first I got an empty spot where the Recaptcha should be and first after refresh the Recaptcha was there. But it gave me the same error as on the mobile version.

BUT...... if you actually click on the Recaptcha in the admin settings it works like a charm and totally different as it does on the website itself.

Will this be resolved soon or do all of us have to downsize back to version 5 for the time being???

The Forum post is edited by Brian Jan 19 '15
Brian
Brian Jan 21 '15
When this works with the update....

Will this Recaptcha function site wide?

The reason I ask is because with Recaptcha active the "Contact us" plugin still uses secure image??

Sean
Sean Jan 21 '15
I'm getting the validator error as well, it was stopping people join my site. I've had to disable it for now.
inside83
inside83 Jan 21 '15
@Sean

That maybe is not a good thing

You're opening up your web site for all kinds of bots

Sean
Sean Jan 21 '15
My join form still uses SecureImage, but I could not leave this plugin active as it was not letting people join.
Brian
Brian Jan 21 '15
Success after yesterdays update.

Recaptcha functions.

Thank you

inside83
inside83 Jan 22 '15
Can anyone else confirm that there is no bug now?
Jordi
Jordi Feb 12 '15
????
Brian
Brian Feb 19 '15

Internet Browser: Opera

I just realized in the Opera browser the Captcha functions improperly.

When you click on the box the additional window does not open to enter text, but as you can see it is check marked green. Yet when you hit register it comes back with the following fault. Result no user can register in Opera.

Brian
Brian Apr 19 '15
I would really like to have this function as my BOT weeder, but it works really randomly. Has there been any updates JK? Will this function properly soon?

I am using smart captcha at the moment and it does the charm but the visuals are not quite there if you know what I mean.

JK, please make your recaptcha work cause I would rather work with this.

You do not have permission to reply this topic