We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugin Suggestion | Forum

Sean
Sean Mar 14 '15
Hi, when you run a oxwall site that has a big forum it can become quite overwhelming to have a good 30 forum sectors on one page.

There is a plugin for MyBB called MyTabs that clears up this problem. It separates forums into tabs. Here is an example from the MyBB extension:

I'm willing to pay for it if any dev is willing to code it.

The Forum post is edited by Sean Mar 15 '15
Sean
Sean Mar 21 '15
I need this and I'm willing to pay.

Anyone?

The Forum post is edited by Sean Mar 21 '15
dave Leader
dave Apr 13 '15
Im noodling over this and might be willing to give it a shot when i get alittle better at plugins, i just finished my second one.   My first thought would be that the tabs would limit your sections by however wide the page is, unless we looked at doing doing rows of tabs. 

Interesting... 

Sean
Sean Apr 15 '15

Quote from dave Im noodling over this and might be willing to give it a shot when i get alittle better at plugins, i just finished my second one.   My first thought would be that the tabs would limit your sections by however wide the page is, unless we looked at doing doing rows of tabs. 

Interesting... 

I'm just tired of having to school down for 2 minutes because I have a lot of discussion boards. If you make this, I'll totally consider buying it!
dave Leader
dave Apr 16 '15
lol i wonder how many multi million dollar big business deals have been closed by the saying  "I'll totally consider buying it!"

hee hee 

Sean
Sean Apr 17 '15
It's just that I would want to see the quality & price of the plugin. I don't want co commit and end up getting something that doesn't satisfy my needs and cost me a lot of money lol.
Michele
Michele May 9 '15
Unsatisfied with the forums as well and would like to be able to see sub categories with in the forum "group pages"!!  Would Def Pay!!