We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Main Page - Blog Widget displaying error | Forum

Ivan
Ivan Nov 14 '10
My blog widget on the Main Page shows a link to "more" as per attached image. However, when you click "more" it goes to an error from saying "could not find iamforeig...
Attachments:

Link Problem.png (6.75Kb)
Ivan
Ivan Nov 14 '10
oh yeah and as you can see from the image, it's not showing a preview of the blog post. how do i fix this?
Den Team
Den Nov 15 '10
Would you provide us with blog's URL on your site?
Ivan
Ivan Nov 15 '10
my website is www.iamforeigner.com
i found out what the problem is... in my website i allow photos to be published on blogs. however, the blog posts with images (html scripts) at the very top makes the "preview" on the home page all wrong. i've fixed the problem on the posts but anyone else who does the same thing will face the same issue. having html on the current blog plugin is a nightmare because if the picture is very big and the author decides to post it on their blog post as actual size, the photo covers the whole screen and not re-size.

On another note, i'm also noticing that when someone creates a new group and "latest activity" is posted ">username> creates a new group" on the home page, the image doesn't come up properly... not sure how to fix this one.
The Forum post is edited by Ivan Nov 15 '10
Den Team
Den Nov 15 '10
Thanks for report about blogs Ivan.
Regarding image for created group in activity, this is normal situation. Group creator changed group's avatar after group creation. But in activity stream was posted old image. When you will have a much more activity on the site, and activity will update ofter, this problem will lost
Josh Phillips
Josh Phillips Dec 9 '22

Do you provide the blog's URL of your site? I will recommend you to wear anti viral face mask while working on laptop.