We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't Upload PDF or Docs in User Wall comments | Forum

Guna
Guna Mar 26 '15
I am working in oxwall. Now I tried to post a PDF/Doc file in another user's wall.

But it is not uploading. It is showing "File Extension is not allowed." error.

In sitename/admin/settings/user-input page, I have given "pdf" as a valid attachment. 

What is wrong with this?

The Forum post is edited by Guna Mar 26 '15
Sandy Hill
Sandy Hill Mar 29 '15

Not sure what could be wrong, however here are some of the steps I would take and things I would check.  

I would check a couple of settings.  Check the user permissions in the global settings to ensure user is able to upload files is checked.  Next I would check the plug in that you are using that allows the upload of the file (if you are using one) and see if there is anything in the plug in that needs to be activated to allow upload to another user's wall.  Also does the plug in actually allow a file to be posed to another users wall or just the user's own wall?  Finally I would check the file size of the PDF and ensure it is not larger that the allowable maximum file size.  I realize it does not make sense to get an extension not allowed error message when the file is too big.  But then stranger things have happened.  I wish you will in you quest to solve your issue.
Guna
Guna Mar 30 '15
@Sandy Hill Thanks for the reply.

If you try to upload a file using demo.oxwall.org, you can't upload to it. It is a feature which is not working in oxwall's core functionality.

Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 30 '15
Guna, concerning the file type formats allowed for uploading, this question has already been discussed: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/32510?page=1#post-134852 .
In the meantime to change the uploading file type format for the Wall widget and Newsfeed plugin is considered as a custom code modification. I'm not sure if there some current plugins with such functionality, but you can try searching one in our Store. May be this plugin will be useful for you: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/425 . But you need contact the plugin developer and ask him whether this plugin will be compatible with 1.7.2 version of the Oxwall software.
The Forum post is edited by Taissa Mar 30 '15
Guna
Guna Mar 30 '15
Thanks Taissa for your reply. I like to know that Does Oxwall allow to upload PDFs/docs through wall post normally?
Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 1 '15
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Guna
Guna Apr 1 '15
@Taissa I like to know that Does Oxwall allow to upload PDFs/docs through wall post normally? Does anybody know about the files allowed in newsfeed?
The Forum post is edited by Guna Apr 7 '15