We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cron jobs run from shell script - Cron Test | Forum

Chris_W
Chris_W Apr 3 '15
Hi,

As I have several sites on the same server, I run all my cron jobs from one script to make it easier to stagger them. I just run multicron.sh every ten minutes via a cron.

*/10     *     *     *     *     /home/*******/cronscript/multicron.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/bin/php /home/*******/public_html/nellbrydenfans.com/ow_cron/run.php > /dev/null 2>&1'
sleep 60s
/usr/local/bin/php /home/*******/public_html/red-sky-july.com/ow_cron/run.php > /dev/null 2>&1'
sleep 60s
/usr/local/bin/php /home/*******/public_html/redhillrednecks.club/ow_cron/run.php > /dev/null 2>&1'
sleep 60s
/usr/local/bin/php /home/*******/public_html/waterside-cafe.co.uk/ow_cron/run.php > /dev/null 2>&1'
sleep 60s
/usr/local/bin/php /home/*******/public_html/cottage-for-sale.rocks/ow_cron/run.php > /dev/null 2>&1'
sleep 60s
/usr/local/bin/php /home/*******/public_html/valeries-place.co.uk/ow_cron/run.php > /dev/null 2>&1'

Will the crontest plugin still pick up on the cron jobs when triggered this way and run locally?
The Forum post is edited by Chris_W Apr 3 '15
Mario Carriere
Mario Carriere Apr 3 '15
Hi Chris,

The plugin is trigger by the site cron job. So, if the script does trigger the file run.php located in "public_html/your_site.com/ow_cron", a message will be printed each time.

The plugin is linked to the site cron, not to the hosting cron.

This way, you can see if your site does get the trigger from your hosting cron.

But you will need to install the plugin on every site and test them separately to be sure that every command in your script works.

Mario
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic