We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suggestions - Admin Mod Change Log | Forum

David
David Apr 10 '15

Good plugin and useful when there is more moderators.

Some suggestions for next updates :

- Modifiable language values

- Direct link on username

Good job ;-)

dave Leader
dave Apr 10 '15
Hi,  thanks so much for the faithful support and for the suggestions.  I am adding more lang values now and ill have to work on the username link as well. 

Thanks again and really appreciate it :)

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Apr 10 '15
Hi There,

Does this also log Who Updated / Deleted / Uninstalled / Deactivated Installed plugins and which plugin ?
dave Leader
dave Apr 10 '15
Molaudi, no but i can look into that, im trying to get the core items done first, i just added album and looking at video, forum, blog to see if theres a hook point. 

Do you let your other admins or mods install plugins?  

dave Leader
dave Apr 10 '15
david please let me know if you get an update on  your plugin page, im not sure how updates work and i cant find any docs on them.  I just uploaded a new build and added video and albums and lang keys. Sorry have not done the link yet but i will.   Im just trying to figure out if all i need to do is upload the new version and make it the main item and then it will notify everyone or not.  

So it may take till tomorrow but if you dont get a notify on your plugin page by tomorrow for the new build let me know and ill just email you the zip file.   Hope i did this update process right on this store im just not sure how.. :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 10 '15
David
David Apr 10 '15

@dave, I think the upgrade needs to be approved by oxwall.

Then you have to wait until tomorrow so that each site looking for an update is available. And it will appear.

Edit : upgrade is available in Oxwall Store

To force check updates : http://www.yoursite.com/ow_cron/run.php

Update of your plugin is now available

The Forum post is edited by David Apr 10 '15
dave Leader
dave Apr 10 '15
yes its available in oxwall store right now, just use the main dl and not the extra download, the one that says other downloads is the old version.  The main one is the new version. 

thanks for the info :)

im searching hi and low for a  userid from username function and cant find one anywhere so far. 

David
David Apr 10 '15
I edit my post > force check and your update is available
David
David Apr 10 '15
I don't have any keys in languages :(
dave Leader
dave Apr 10 '15
you must have gotten the wrong version there are two versions there one that is main and one extra, can you choose the other one, does it let you?

did you reinstall it?

David
David Apr 10 '15
I updated via notification in /admin
dave Leader
dave Apr 10 '15
then i must have done something wrong, i have no clue how the update folder gets updated for the plugin.  let me get with ross or someone tonight on how this all is suppose to work and in the mean time if you want to shoot me an email at  (email removed) ill just shoot you the new zip and just start over and install it and it should all be there. 

UPDATE:  I bet if you go to the store and go into your purchases and regenerate the download youll get the latest version, i bet thats it. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 11 '15
David
David Apr 10 '15

No languages key added :(

And when i set Yes in Video :

Something went wrong!
To get the error details follow these steps:
- Open ow_includes/config.php file and set DEBUG_MODE to true
- Reproduce your last action.

Error details: Type: Exception Message: Can't find config `recordvideo` in section `amodchangelog`!

dave Leader
dave Apr 10 '15
maybe it got currupted somehow..  let me download it again from the source and then ill upload it again..   give me a few, so sorry about that. 
dave Leader
dave Apr 10 '15
ok yeah something happened to the zip file because i downloaded what im using (latest version) overwrote my local files, redownloaded the lang pack, updated the lang zip.  totally removed it from my site, then reuploaded, reinstalled with DEBUG MODE on, and no errors and the size is the same size as the last one. 

So go ahead and totally remove it from your site, then regenerate the download from the store, i just put it up there again for ya.  and then install it, and make sure you clear the cache and it should be good. 

let me know thanks so much for your patience. 

David
David Apr 10 '15
Ok, works fine now, i translate all key in french.
Thanks

File to help french members in attach ;-)
Attachments:
  amod-french.zip (0Kb)
dave Leader
dave Apr 10 '15
thank you so much that is very nice of you :) 
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Apr 12 '15
Hi Dave,

At the moment it is just me, but i want to allow that in the future, but with a log of who did what so that when the site crushes i know how to back trace everything....Cause most admin are not tech savvy like us :D
Quote from dave Molaudi, no but i can look into that, im trying to get the core items done first, i just added album and looking at video, forum, blog to see if theres a hook point. 

Do you let your other admins or mods install plugins?  

dave Leader
dave Apr 12 '15
It would probably be better to just make a new plugin for that,  mixing the two (admin mod functions and install functions) would be extremely confusing i think code wise but remember im still a plugin noob so i will poke around to see if there is a hook for that. 

I do like the idea though :)

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Apr 13 '15
Thanks dave, look into it....Especially for big sites that has many admin to look after, it would sell cause if one makes a mistake it would be easier to see what changes were made to crush the site or plugins updated / installed...and you know our biggest problems now is plugins conflicting with oxwall if not each other :D so if i have 100 plugins....which i have it would be easier to see the culprit plugin than disabling all of them which is time consuming.
Pages: 1 2 »
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic