We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bug reports - Poly purple | Forum

Aesthetic
Aesthetic Apr 29 '15
Report bugs you found in 'Poly' theme
Mac Seah
Mac Seah May 2 '15
I was thrilled to see your theme 100% compatible with skadate and i am all ready to make purchase. Went in to your demo site and met with major issues. Its lagging badly, it took me 5 mins to get a profile page up. Loading time for all other pages are slow, between 30- 50 seconds., how can you call that a good user experience?

Message icon on the top right is not working well. I have just spent 30 mins using different devices to test and still cant get to the message. They layout is awesome but good design should also come with good performance. Giving you the benefit of doubt asking you is it a site configurations issue? I am sure themes should be build to be fast. If you a demo site with little users and we cant even load a page under 6 seconds doesnt it defeat the entire purpose?
The Forum post is edited by Mac Seah May 2 '15
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips May 8 '15
I love those templates =)) Great job Aesthetic !!!

With regards to site performance, it all really depends mainly on the server. I would say about 95%. And 5% might be due to some kind of software configurations. I would not expect designers buying an expensive server just for demo website.

On my end demo website loads pretty fast.

5-6 seconds for non-cached version ( first visit ever)
3-4 seconds for cached one  ( further site visits).

Giving that this is just a demo website on a simple hosting plan, I believe speed is pretty good and has nothing to do with the theme.

You do not have permission to reply this topic