We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Questions or customizations/suggestions - Member Locations | Forum

Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla Apr 29 '15
Can this plugin be integrated with other plugins like photo, video, groups, blog,and events? Like for example the photo is really my main focus on that...........the user wants to upload a photo in newsfeed and there will be a field to enter the associated location for that and auto fill/hint as the user types like a google map text field. It's kinda like check-in or where' i've been to in facebook. So when a user goes to their map location and see the landmarks and hover on one of them, a box pop-up will appear (just like in google map) and the associated photos that they uploaded with that specific locations they entered will also appear in that box. And it would be nice to have a widget that tells a user that this many friends have been there to that location (could be general location and the date specified........so it promotes social networking through traveling. The same with having widgets to show how many photos total are taken, groups located, events happening/happened from that location, etc. And users can click on the numbers and go to the page on these photos uploaded for that location, happened/happening events, groups in that location, etc.

The other thing to add is a wishlist to where a user wants to save a list of destinations or places they want to see and will be automatically checked if they enter that location to the locations field box..........just telling the program to sense the specific/general area whichever the user puts in their wishlist. Hopefully, it can add a continent or category to where a user states like hotels, africa, beaches, so they can organize where the locations/landmarks are.

Do you want to take on this project/job to complete something like this. The only one i don't have is a very unique plugin for location/landmark or whe're i've been to plugin. Please let me know asap. thanks.

Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla Apr 30 '15
Is this doable?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Doable, but not in scope for this plugin version. May be as a new plugin.
Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla May 2 '15
Oh ok, when do you think you will come up with this new plugin?? Are you seriously gonna make this?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I have no idea when I will start on the new plugin. But it's on the list.
You do not have permission to reply this topic