We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[Solution Available] How to truncate blog post | Forum

Donald Adugbe
Donald Adugbe May 19 '15
I have an oxwall site and I make blog post frequently,I don't know if there is a way to truncate or shorten blog post so they become shorter then when you click more the full post shows ,why I want this is that some users might want to scroll or scan through. Various blog posts and if a particular post is very lonnnnggg they will have to scroll endlessly before seeing the next post ,so who has an idea I will very much appreciate your help,thank you <br/>
The Forum post is edited by Alia May 22 '15
dave Leader
dave May 20 '15
This covers the newsfeed but maybe it might help you with the blog as well.  Sorry i could not find anything more blogish.. 

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14472

Alia Team
Alia May 20 '15
Try following solution given by one of our community members: http://www.ewtnet.com/...of-each-post-in.html
Donald Adugbe
Donald Adugbe May 20 '15
Thank u worked perfectly fine ,but I didn't get to have an image preview after it was truncated ,any ideas ?I will appreciate your inputs
Alia Team
Alia May 22 '15
Donald, building an image preview out of images used within blog post require more complex modifications. Due to complexity I can not provide detailed instructions on how this can be achieved. May be other community members will be able to assist you.
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Oct 21 '15
I am following these instructionsDisplays depart after the trouble code change.The blog is no picture on the main page.It has been added to the text blockAll images are lost in the block page.

Senin blog Öğeler kesecek nasıl

• Ftp / cpanel için oturum açma
  • Indirin ve bu dosyayı /ow_plugins/blogs/controllers/blog.php düzenlemek

• Bir kod editörü kullanarak, /ow_plugins/blogs/controllers/blog.php düzenlemek
  • Bu kodu bulun:
$ metin = explode ("<! - daha ->", $ dto-> getPost ());

• ve değiştirin:

$ metin = explode ("<! - daha ->", UTIL_String :: kesiği (strip_tags ($ dto-> getpost ()), 539, "<! - more ->"));

• Yaptığınız değişiklikleri kaydedin.
Senin Cache temizleyinHer zamanki gibi, sen. Değişikliklerin etkili olması için önbelleği temizlemek gerekir önbelleği temizlemek için buraya adımları izleyin.