We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I might buy if. . - Abuse Report | Forum

Michele
Michele May 20 '15
I see we all ready have a flag system in our dashboard but I'd reeeally love a plug in that like Craigslist, lets the admin pick a set Number of "Times to be Flagged" by other users, after which the content in question is temporary removed *automatically . . .

So say 5 different users flag something, then the system would remove content automatically. 

This would help networks like ours who operate on a volunteer moderation basis and the mods just don't have time to be on, every few hours 

OW Factory
OW Factory May 27 '15
Hello Michele,

every reported post should be checked by a moderator individually before removing it. We are not going to implement this automatic feature.

Regards,
OW Factory Team
Michele
Michele May 28 '15
Hi OW Factory,

Ah Thanks for the response. See the new oxwall updates *already gives me this flagging system in the core for free. . . where it goes to a moderator for approval.
The only way I'd be tempted to buy any other features with this would be as with my request/ idea  . .a certain number of flags by different users could take the info down. It would seem to get a spammer down right away.

And this could save mine or any website hundreds and hundreds of $s in employing moderators each month.
I guess I'm only looking for the 'option' for this, where it could be turned on and off. It would be neat if your jobs had the option for this too where if someone posted something sexual or illegal it could get something down right away, before a volunteer moderator (my site won't be able to afford moderators right away) could get to it.
Like Craigslist has done.
I Do respect your decisions on what you choose to work on though!! <3.

Blessings and Love!

The Forum post is edited by Michele May 28 '15
Tecca
Tecca Nov 22 '15
Yes, Michele's suggestion seems great. Oxwall has a native report function. I do not believe large sites should have to moderate every single reported item, especially in the case of the report being because one person doesn't like the other (let's face it, that happens). But if, say, five people report the same content, then the system could automatically flag it and hide it from the public. It can then be reviewed by moderators, because it was obviously flagged many times.

But one flag doesn't seem appropriate enough to take action if your site has thousands of members and few moderators. Self-regulating websites put less work on the people that run them.

EDIT: The system doesn't necessarily need to hide it for you either. It could be just that you don't get reported until something is flagged X number of times. Then you get the message and check it out and see if you'd like to remove it.

The Forum post is edited by Tecca Nov 22 '15
Michele
Michele Nov 28 '15
Right on Bryan!!! There's a need and demand for this on many sites!!

I've had to pay a 3rd party developer as this didn't offer quite what I needed, but if it ever did I'd consider buying the plugin.

Even an option to 1) hide automatically, or 2) wait and to check it out for yourself! :)
You do not have permission to reply this topic