We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[Solved] Avatar only with PNG ? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Shay Matityahu
Shay Matityahu Jun 29 '15

Hi

I tried to upload a JPG format as Avatar but I get error "The image is not valid"

I am able to upload only PNG file format

Is it possible to manage the avatar file format?

Thanks in Advance

Shay  

The Forum post is edited by Taissa Jul 6 '15
Taissa Team
Taissa Jun 30 '15
Shay Matityahu, you can find allowed files extensions for avatar uploading in /ow_utilities/file.php file. Here they are: $imageExtensions = array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'png', 'gif'); And as you can see jpg is allowed extension. To assist you in the best way we need get more detailed information.

Does this issue occurs when you upload new avatar image or change existing avatar?
What the Software version are you using?
Did you try to reproduce this issue using default theme?
Have you performed the software or plugins/themes update recently?
Do you use third-party plugins?
Did you try to deactivate all third-party plugins to exclude them?
Did you enable the DEBUG_MODE to see if there are any PHP errors: https://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug ? ?
Did you try to enable FireBug console to see if there is any JS errors: https://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting ?
Did you make any any code modifications ?

Please attach the image you have tried to upload and got the issue.
Shay Matityahu
Shay Matityahu Jun 30 '15

Hi Taissa,

I checked the file.php file and it seems right to me. Also I attached it so you can check it too (I Changed the extension to ZIP.)

This issue accurs when I upload new avatar and when I change the avatar, (There is only one option "Change Avatar" even if there was no avatar before).

I am using Platform version 1.7.4 (build 9100)

I tested it on fresh installation with no additional theme and no additional plugins, Just upgrade plugins as required, also I tried to deactivate all plugins, enable the DEBUG_MODE, Of course I did not changed any code, But I still have the same issue.

It's funny that I just change the file extension from .jpg to .png of gif and the avatar uploaded successfully (Attached files).

I also Attached the error message

Thanks

Shay

Attachments:
  file.zip (10Kb)
  Error.png (286Kb)
Shay Matityahu
Shay Matityahu Jul 6 '15

Hi

It turns out that the problem is in mybrowser settings

Sorry forthe hassle :)

Shay

Taissa Team
Taissa Jul 6 '15
Thanks for letting us know.  I'm going to mark this thread as Solved then.