We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mobile cross platform app | Forum

Dirk
Dirk Jul 3 '15
Hi,

We are currently in negotiation with a developer to create a real cross platform mobile app for Oxwall. If you have any suggestions please post them here so we can take this in consideration. We have not decided yet if we want to ask money for the plugin or if we going to put it up for free.

I say shoot with the suggestions:

//Dirk

ketkew
ketkew Jul 3 '15
I think personally that the APP needs the most basic functionality of Oxwall (news, blogs, groups, forum).

When I look at the current default theme, the mobile version looks very nice. But without having access to group/blogs/forum etc, the mobile site is pretty useless.. (and that's the reason that I disabled it for users..)
Dirk
Dirk Jul 3 '15
Hi Ketkew,

We are not talking about the mobile theme :). We are talking about an iOS and Android app. In our opinion this attracts much more users since nobody want to open an browser first. But all the core functions will be in it. And all core plugins will be supported. But maybe for some 3rd party plugins like autocomplete etc it would be nice to have this in as well.

Let us know if you have any suggestions.

//Dirk

tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 4 '15
its hard to give suggestions
but include
questions
confessions
profile design

theres heaps like profile group covers etc
but really need to test it to find out what would be needed

moneya johnson
moneya johnson Jul 12 '15

Quote from Dirk Hi Ketkew,

We are not talking about the mobile theme :). We are talking about an iOS and Android app. In our opinion this attracts much more users since nobody want to open an browser first. But all the core functions will be in it. And all core plugins will be supported. But maybe for some 3rd party plugins like autocomplete etc it would be nice to have this in as well.

Let us know if you have any suggestions.

//Dirk

native app

support for cover photos

works in background

supports push notification

JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 18 '15
If it's a cross-platform mobile app being made for an Open source software, than it needs to not include store "plugins" in it, like some are suggesting, but rather a system that will let developer's plugins be integratable into the app.

I thought up and idea for a Oxwall mobile app like this a long time ago with my old business, but unfortunately we never got past the planning stage. I know it's possible to let dev's have an API for their app, but the hard part would be getting the statics and functions for it, etc.

But if your dev(s) can do it, I'd recommend that so that you wouldn't have to work with individuals constantly to have their plugin inserted.

Pete
Pete Nov 19 '15
put ads in and give it free 
Real
Real Nov 24 '15
This is a nice concept. I have been looking for thing like this.

It should include

1: Push notification

2: Add Friends

3: Newsfeed

4: Forum

5: Blog

6: Internal upload of pictures and videos

7: Internal upload of audios with many audios file formats

8: Chat Rooms

9: Mobile advertisement panel

10: Group

11: Gift item

12: SMS Payment Gateway for mobile payment e.g fortumo.com

13: Gotargeting to find close user around other users

14: Members 

15: Mail box

16: Credit points/credit payment, support transfer of credits, etc. 

17. Etc

You could make it free with ads(free version) or collect little money with no ads (pro version)

HW
HW Nov 24 '15
I would add to Real's list having the dashboard.

I would be willing to pay something for such an app, if it met the needs of my site.
Eddie
Eddie Nov 25 '15
I hope this App will be free and White Label so that we can all have them custom designed for our sites. It's a long time coming. It needs to support every plugin in the store, be they by Oxwall, Skalfa or any other developer.

With this you can get 3rd Party developers to make sure that their plugins are also both mobile and App compatible.

This way it would solve the "what should we add" list and keep it easier to maintain.

Eddie
Eddie Nov 25 '15
It would also be a good idea to integrate themes to the App so that the app matches the site you are logging into.
Real
Real Dec 22 '15
That is good 
Scott
Scott Jan 14 '16
Did this ever go anywhere? Is there a real mobile app solution for oxwall?