We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Embed video code returns as not found. - Attachments | Forum

Eduardo
Eduardo Jul 6 '15
Please help,

I just purchased the plugin and realized that it is returning as video not found.

Every time I put a video with embed code it does not put the correct link, but always returns as not found.

I added the admin settings on user content permissions the domain xvideos.com and then put the embed code. When he did not find the image should show a standard image Play type and the link to show the video with the embed code. If you do it by Add Video by Oxwall works perfectly, but the same steps by the plugin does not.

Please ask only correct this error of the link and the default image. I believe that doing this will show any video with the embed code. Thanks.

The Forum post is edited by Eduardo Jul 6 '15
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jul 7 '15
Hello,

Could you the embed and screenshots of the issue on your site. I will check the embed on my demo site.

Eduardo
Eduardo Jul 9 '15
My url of my site is www.fucktter.com. Create an user, it's easy. The code embed is:

<iframe src="http://flashservice.xvideos.com/...utoplay=0&play=0" frameborder="0" width="510" height="400"></iframe>

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jul 10 '15
Hello,

The iframe code you provided embeds "Not Found" page. So it is not valid embed code. But anyway, `Attachments` plugin uses standard Oxwall Video API to grab video thumbnails from an embed. This API do not support xvideos.com service, so far. That is why there is no thumbnail image.

Eduardo
Eduardo Jul 13 '15
What you said makes no sense. I added the embed code on the page to add video and it worked. What does not work is when I put the embed code using your plugin. I do not need that thumbnail to appear, but only the video running on your plugin. All other work and Oxwall API has nothing to do with it since it works in the videos.
Pat
Pat Jul 13 '15
Hello attachments go well, hopefully my research to add video does not. can you help me. thank you
Pat
Pat Jul 13 '15
Hello attachments go well, hopefully my research to add video does not. can you help me. thank you
Pat
Pat Jul 13 '15
Eduardo
Eduardo Jul 14 '15
What's wrong in your plugin? How well does not add the video?You have any examples?
Pat
Pat Jul 14 '15
I find in the search etc. videos and when I want to publish there nothing is happening.
Eduardo
Eduardo Jul 15 '15
Send screenshots of the problem. I do not understand.
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jul 20 '15
Eduardo,

I added your embed from standard Video plugin and got next result:

Then I added it using Attachments plugin and got same result:

So the embed shows "not found" in both cases. So, it seems, the problem is in the embed code.

Could you send me exact same embed that worked on your site.

The Forum post is edited by Sergey Kambalin Jul 20 '15
Eduardo
Eduardo Jul 20 '15
Adding Video of the videos page:

Putting the embed code:

Resulting in this:

Now, using your plugin:

Resulting in this:

And your plugin not linking for video:

Finally in the videos page, same problem:

Remembering that this problem only occurs only for xvideos.com. Other sites run smoothly, so just just fix this problem.

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jul 20 '15
Eduardo,

I compared the embed code which you sent me at the beginning of the conversation with the code from your screenshots. And, It seems, I found the reason of the problem:

There are several standard embed parameters, using which the media player can be controlled - play, autoplay, wmode, etc. In case with iframe these parameters are added as part as iframe src url ( after ? symbol: ?autoplay=1&play=1 ).
But for some reason, your video provider do not support these standard attributes. It shows "Not Found" when these attributes are added. It is non standard situation, so I can not fix the issue from my plugin.

I can disable the attributes on your site, but you the video will stop autoplaying when you click on the thumbnail in Newsfeed. If you agree - send me FTP access to your site.

The Forum post is edited by Sergey Kambalin Jul 20 '15
Eduardo
Eduardo Jul 21 '15
i sent you via pm
Kingsley
Kingsley Jul 30 '15
Please i need your help. i cant seems to find where this attachment installed or does it work another plugin?  
You do not have permission to reply this topic