We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

URGENT - Issues with 1.3.2 | Forum

Jason
Jason Apr 3 '12

Core issues (so far)
1. When leaving a comment on an individual users wall (on their profile), you have to refresh the page to see the comment you left. Normally the comment displays without having to refresh the page.

2. The same issue as #1 happens on the "main" page when commenting on newsfeed items.

3. When making a new Newsfeed update, the site does not display the comment when you click submit. It just stays there. If you press it, then refresh, the comment will be there.

Plugin issues (so far)
1. The slideshow plugin no longer works
2. The Arrowchat branding free edition ($79) no longer works. It displays on the admin backend, but no longer on the user end of the site.

We have had to roll back our server to the pervious version, and in doing this lost over 10 members as well as advertising $$. Please let us know if we are the only ones experiencing these issues.

The Forum post is edited by Jason Apr 3 '12
Christian
Christian Apr 3 '12
no im experiencing all those issues and much more too can you check your links for online and featured members and also your link for when someone gets a new message the check now link on the dashboard page that only appears when you hav a message 

also the view more button the news feed does not work 

Jason
Jason Apr 3 '12
Quote from Christian no im experiencing all those issues and much more too can you check your links for online and featured members and also your link for when someone gets a new message the check now link on the dashboard page that only appears when you hav a message 

also the view more button the news feed does not work 

Wow, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am experiencing all of the same issues.

Where is the support for this? How were these issues not caught before releasing this update to the public? I really hope a fix comes shortly....

Antonia
Antonia Apr 3 '12
Wow this is terrible.  Did Oxwall even QA this release?  I am spending a good deal of advertising dollars to build up a community... and I am experiencing these terrible bugs as well.

Thankfully I backed up before hand, just waiting on HostGator tech support to help restore. 

Oxwall needs an urgent fix ASAP.
Christian
Christian Apr 3 '12
l agree its like there is something definitely wrong i the testing  stage, 

DeFender
DeFender Apr 3 '12

Quote from Jason

Core issues (so far)
1. When leaving a comment on an individual users wall (on their profile), you have to refresh the page to see the comment you left. Normally the comment displays without having to refresh the page.

2. The same issue as #1 happens on the "main" page when commenting on newsfeed items.

3. When making a new Newsfeed update, the site does not display the comment when you click submit. It just stays there. If you press it, then refresh, the comment will be there.

Plugin issues (so far)
1. The slideshow plugin no longer works
2. The Arrowchat branding free edition ($79) no longer works. It displays on the admin backend, but no longer on the user end of the site.

We have had to roll back our server to the pervious version, and in doing this lost over 10 members as well as advertising $$. Please let us know if we are the only ones experiencing these issues.

have updated (auto) the core and all plugins

1. do not use profile comments
2. all working fine.
3. OK too

plugins
do not use these plugins also I don't use user rating system and slideshare, chat.

and no freezes and view more button is working.

these is my notices, I'll test more.

Jason
Jason Apr 3 '12
Quote from DeFender 
have updated (auto) the core and all plugins

1. do not use profile comments
2. all working fine.
3. OK too

plugins
do not use these plugins also I don't use user rating system and slideshare, chat.

and no freezes and view more button is working.

these is my notices, I'll test more.

What browser are you using? Did you update you theme as well? Trying to rule out anything it could possibly be...
DeFender
DeFender Apr 3 '12
firefox, theme not updated, also cleared the cache after update.
DeFender
DeFender Apr 3 '12
now  I tried graphite updated theme , it is working
The Forum post is edited by DeFender Apr 3 '12
Jason
Jason Apr 3 '12
hrm, weird. Clearing cashe shouldnt have made a difference on this. 

I have restored to 1.3.1 from a backup, so now I cant test anything....damn.

Mark
Mark Apr 3 '12
have you updated your theme?

1. update your theme

2. enable DEV mode in config

3. clear cache or hit F5

4. disable DEV mode

5. refresh your site

Christian
Christian Apr 3 '12
ok did that but im sorry to say defender but could you address what problems there are with all the links on the page 

Joseph
Joseph Apr 3 '12
my biggest issue is that the arrowchat is not working and I hate ajax chat since they refuse to place it in a more convenient location
Joseph
Joseph Apr 3 '12
quick update is that the arrowchat issue only happens in certain themes after updating the core however even after updating the theme it does not fix the issue
Christian
Christian Apr 3 '12
im going to restore back to 1.3.1 as this has not got any real support its like banging your head on a brick wall l have even gone onto most sites that have upgraded they all have the same problem even the ones saying there is no problem can no one see that they cannot click on any permalinks. obviously this is a bug and l have done the entire upgrade from start to finish on two separate servers and sites and both are showing same bugs 

Attachments:
  dayana.png (21.9Kb)
  iTouch Dating11.png (141.82Kb)
  iTouch Dating 210.png (13.25Kb)
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 3 '12
bear in mind it is up to the 3rd party developer to make sure their plugins will work and any issues will need pointed to them as oxwall will not know how they were built.
Jason
Jason Apr 3 '12
Um none of the ones below are from 3rd parties and they are the most important. Please fix this....
Quote from Jason

Core issues (so far)

Quote from Michael bear in mind it is up to the 3rd party developer to make sure their plugins will work and any issues will need pointed to them as oxwall will not know how they were built.

Michael Leader
Michael Apr 4 '12
I agree Jason and the faults could all be linked.  I do know from experience when arrowchat was mentioned for example, it will be up to the 3rd party dev to check this out.

With regards to the newsfeed issue, I noticed a user, Mark, posting a patch that MAY fix it.
He reckons it is down to code within ow.js and has a possible fix.

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/3936
The Forum post is edited by Michael Apr 4 '12
Antonia
Antonia Apr 4 '12
Michael, will Oxwall have an official patch for Mark's fix?
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 5 '12
No idea.
I reckon that if there is indeed a code error there will be an official fix for it.,
Pages: 1 2 »