We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Another Cron Newbie! | Forum

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 8 '12

I need some help cause i really just dont get the cron stuff!  

I found this in my cpannel  in owwall cron  

http://stats.cat.arvixe.com:2082/frontend/x3/filemanager/showfile.html?file=run.php&fileop=&dir=%2Fhome%2Ftattoobo%2Fpublic_html%2Foxwall%2Fow_cron&dirop=&charset=&file_charset=&baseurl=&basedir=

and this is my current cron settings 

/home/tattoobo/public_html/oxwall/ow_cron; /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php -q run.php

Im importing from xitti and i went with arvixe and installed through softolicious!  can anyone make me the code out of those two things...lol

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Apr 8 '12
Joseph
Joseph Apr 8 '12
awesome a cron I know how to set /usr/bin/php -q /home/tattoobo/public_html/oxwall/ow_cron/run.php
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Apr 8 '12
Joseph
Joseph Apr 8 '12
btw that cron direction is assuming that your oxwall installation is on a subfolder labeled oxwall if its actually in teh root directory remove the /oxwall from this
Oxwall Accessories
you rock   why didnt you tell me it was this easy

Oxwall Accessories
About how long does the install take now that this is fixed?

Joseph
Joseph Apr 8 '12
hmmm if you are importing I cannot guarantee anything because of current import issues but it normally depends on the size of your site 
Oxwall Accessories
Would you say 2 hrs would indicate that  something else is wrong!

Oxwall Accessories
Ok so i let it run overnight. its been about 7 hrs or so and when i log in and go to the importer it looks as if i never uploaded anything and the site is still the same! 

Did I do something wrong?

Joseph
Joseph Apr 8 '12
im gonna say the importer is still messed up im sorry thats out of my hand
Oxwall Accessories
any clue where to go from here?

Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 8 '12
Normally the php directory is in the root. With cpanel you need to use the -f and not -q request. So looking at you path at present I would consider this maybe the answer. 

php -f /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php/run.php

You must test the cron works normally sending a private message to a second open account (sock puppet) is the best method. If the cron does not work the import data will not.

At present there is a problem as Joseph says with the the latest wall export data plugin and the latest import plugin.

As I could not wait around for this to get sorted out this is what I have started to do with my new clients sites.

Shut off the verification email temporary

By un-ticking the confirm email box then using the username option.

Next go to Admin - User -  Profile Options

Turn of the on signup required options for

If you then open up your wall.fm site in a new browser window to Admin- Users - Browse users

You can copy the user name, email and by placing the cursor on the avatar, right click the mouse and choose "copy image location" So you can open records for your user on your new site. It boring but worth the trouble I am doing 10 or 20 day.

I send each one a private mail from their profile to inform the following

Hi

We have moved to http://newsite.net

You now have an account here and if you like to use it please do.

Please sign in using your normal email used on the old http://oldsite.wall.fm

Your password is

X2yp1234

Please change your password as soon as you login

We really hope you will come and participate as we really have some wonderful things for you to see.

Best wishes

Admin    

The Forum post is edited by Anon Anon Apr 8 '12
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 9 '12
I tried to change it to -f and that did not work either! I happed to read the update pack for 1.3.2 or whatever it is and the first thing on the list says that cron has been changed to html. could this be our issue maybe?
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 9 '12
After a long conversation with arvixe it seems that step 10 on the installation guide is where we are having a problem.

Before running the Import plugin, please increase the 'maximum_execution_time' php directive value at least to 30 minutes

It seems they have a timeout of 2 mins so they are going to create a custom php file for us. Ill share some more information as it comes

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Apr 9 '12
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 10 '12
Well im not really to sure what fixed the problem but i got the file to install. 
Joseph
Joseph Apr 10 '12
so has your site been imported properly now?
Oxwall Accessories
Quote from Joseph so has your site been imported properly now?

Yea I'm fully up and running! Just need to get a hold of a few plugins! :)
Joseph
Joseph Apr 10 '12
awesome I am still looking to network I have a new site to help social network owners network a little its mostly a stats counter but people can find other social networks when they visit this site
Oxwall Accessories
That sounds good and way you could instant message me on my site and walkme through the facebook and twitter plugins. they dont seem to work properly. Ill also put a banner up for ya if you can make one the right size for the friends page

Joseph
Joseph Apr 11 '12
if you had the facebook connect on your xitti site you just need to update the app to your new domain name
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 12 '12
Thank you ;)

Pages: 1 2 »