We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suggestions - Shoutbox | Forum

Abbey
Abbey Nov 18 '12

Quote from Jake Brunton Here's some more suggestions I have:

Gift Buy - User can send/buy a gift right from the Chatpage by scrolling over a user message and clicking "Send Gift" or something and it opens the gifts window.

Native Pages - Allow to have like several native pages to make it seem a bit like chatrooms?

Private Convo - Let users have a private convo via the shoutbox

Why not just ask him if he can make a chat room plugin?

Zaph...... can you make a chat room plugin?
Zaph
Zaph Nov 27 '12

Quote from Abbey Jayne 
 Why not just ask him if he can make a chat room plugin?

Zaph...... can you make a chat room plugin?

May be in the future it would be some kind of chat rooms, I had no such plans.

But if it will gather a lot of votes I'll think about it.

Abbey
Abbey Nov 29 '12
well it has the potential to be a chat room, the only think missing is a users in chat list
Joseph
Joseph Dec 19 '12
not really no more than uploading images
Fred
Fred May 10 '13
Sorry for already posting a request as a separate topic. One again here now:

Can you please implement a notification like the notification of new messages ? Maybe paired with a beep signal and a changing Browser title ?

And could you implement a deletion of older messages by using something like "delete all messages older than x days" ?

THX in advance,
Fred...
The Forum post is edited by Fred May 10 '13
dave Leader
dave Jun 9 '13
So the members have to type in their username?  Its not dynamic?
Zaph
Zaph Jun 10 '13
No, if you have signed in member, it will show your username. But site guests have to type their usernames
dave Leader
dave Jun 10 '13
oh ok just for site guests i see, well i block all guests so its cool... thanks :)
adminnoah
adminnoah Aug 24 '13
shoutbox is nice,  i am try to put it on the side of my page and it's floating, sample i want to use iframe and put the chatroom on the of my page and floating. sorry for my english guys ^_^
adminnoahYesterday, 06:46PMfont color is good but if you can include the font reSize and bold,italic etc. option is excellence, and the user can make there profile cover as they shoutbox background over the msg.The Forum post is edited by adminnoah Yesterday, 06:46PM#30 · Quote · Edit · DeleteadminnoahYesterday, 07:35PMOr you can embed the shoutbox on other website and they can chat by signing from powered by oxwall site, create there account and they now start to chat, like chatango, if this feature is available i will buy it even 50 USD#31 · Quote · Edit · DeleteadminnoahYesterday, 07:37PMfree user use only a limited smiley and premium user can use the full smiley listed on the smiley box, i think this is excellence.., #32 · Quote · Edit · DeleteadminnoahYesterday, 07:51PMadditional feature to add : font resize, font text stlye, shoutbox embedcode to embed from another website and can sign using oxwall powered website to sign there account to shoutbox even they are in another website, limited smiley for free user and full smiley for premium user,#33 · Quote · Edit · DeleteadminnoahYesterday, 09:07PMone more thing, about colorpicker, sample i am on homepage and use red color for my text color and i goto other page the color is back to default , we want the color we choice even we are going to another page and  not to come back on the default color, ^_^ sorry for my english #34 · Quote · Edit · Delete

adminnoahYesterday, 10:04PMalso auto ban , to avoid spam from shoutbox
The Forum post is edited by adminnoah Aug 28 '13
adminnoah
adminnoah Aug 27 '13
free user use only a limited smiley and premium user can use the full smiley listed on the smiley box, i think this is excellence.., 
dave Leader
dave Aug 27 '13
Noah, please edit your last post if you have another idea.  This is the 7th notice i have received so please just edit your previous post to add new thoughts..
Pages: « 1 2
You do not have permission to reply this topic